I was pretty excited when I got into the office and had tons of info in my inbox from Boston to help with our decision on where to go this year. I sent my thank yous to those who emailed us, opened up my spreadsheet and began entering estimated costs for hotels, airfare, IVF with ICSI, meds, food and ground transportation. I pulled information for Boston, Norway and CZ. The sinking feeling began as the totals began to appear. Our best option is.... to go back to CZ. It is way cheaper than either option with is a total PITA since I don't have 25 days to spend in CZ this year.
Looking at timing, Boston will require that I stay out there for 14-15 days. Norway would be a total of 17 days but it would be 6 days in June and 11 days in September. The major costs for Boston are the IVF with ICSI and the meds. The major costs for Norway are airfare and food (and housing somewhat). In the end, Norway is about $2500 to 3000 cheaper than Boston but I didn't include sightseeing, souvenirs and gas for the car so Norway may be a wash if we do it this way. And if we do Boston, chances are we still can't do Ireland because being there for 2 weeks leaves us with maybe a bit more than a week of vacation - which isn't nearly enough for a relaxing visit... sigh.
So we're hoping we can do this on our own before we have to commit to anyone. CZ was a no brainer because it used our vacation budget without any issues. Norway and Boston go way above and beyond that as we'd probably have to double our vacation budget for one cycle. If we have to do it, we're leaning towards Boston because it may be easier to coordinate. I told Aidan that at least we'd have Norway in 2011.....
1 comment:
Hopefully Norway 2011 will be VACATION ONLY...no need to mix busienss with pleasure because you'll have your little bean by then!
Post a Comment