14 January 2010

Getting back to my regularly scheduled life!

Today was my first chiropractor visit since March last year. It was painful but excellent!!! I knew things would be really badly out of alignment and I was correct. She had to deal with my neck, upper back, lower back, hips, knees, arms, pelvis and shoulders. Thankfully, when all was done I felt great. My hips feel amazing! I have to go back in 10 days and then I can do monthly maintenance. Thank God for my Chiropractor.  


I went to Highland dancing last night. I cannot jump but I was able to do some of the movements and help in instructing the class. It was frustrating and I ran out of energy 3/4 of the way through but it was good to get moving. I've also begun doing 15 minutes each night on my pilates machine at home (last night was night 2). I haven't done anything that focuses on my abs but when it is time for that I am hoping my endurance will be better. Back to the dancing though - we're implementing an exam programme starting in April. We'll have an examiner coming down from Toronto to test the dancers and they would receive medals for the level that they're at. I'm supposed to be taking my Gold Highland and the Associates (Teacher) exams. At this point, I may be able to only do the theory for the teacher's exam since I can't start dancing until March - hence my desire to start building my endurance now. So I'm more than a little frustrated because I really want to just do these exams and be done with them. Who knows what I'll be dealing with in April 2011... So I'm going to the extra teacher training classes on Sundays and I hope that the exams will be towards the end of April...

2 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Yay for dancing again! I'm sure it feels great to be back to *normal* things again!

kimbosue said...

Hooray for dancing! Glad things are kinda back to normal.