15 January 2010

Date Night!

Lunch Time!!! 

I'm trying to work from home on Fridays so today is experiment day. So far, so good!  

We had a lovely date night last night. We got a series of gift certificates for Christmas so we decided to go out to dinner at one of the 6 restaurants that the certificates covered. We went to The Harbourfront and were seated in the sushi section - so no harbour views but on such a cold night we didn't mind. I ordered the bento box because it had a bit of everything - tuna, eel and salmon sashimi, shrimp tempura, stir fried veg, salad, spicy tuna roll, california roll and a really nice miso & sake marinated pan fried fish (can't remember the name). Aidan has cream of spinach soup followed by a combo (excellent portion sizes though) that included peppercorn steak, pork loin with fried apple and grilled lamp chops with sauted spinach and a potato cake. It was lovely and we ate way too much - including dessert. Next month we'll use the second certificate at another restaurant and in March the 3rd. Something to look forward to! After dinner, we were so lazy. I'm glad we didn't go to the movies. Aidan did some work on the computer and I read before going to sleep. Such a nice night!  

I'm hoping for some gardening time this weekend. I have bulbs to put in and I need to put fresh soil in the flower beds. We also need to get some fertilizer. Perhaps we'll do that after I go for my hair appointment tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Photogrl said...

Yum! Your bento box sounded awesome.

Yay for date night!

kimbosue said...

mmm...haven't had sushi in a while and even at 7:45 AM that sounds delish!

YAY for date night!