22 January 2010
Healing
I find healing frustrating. Whether physical or mental, I've always just wanted to get on with it. This surgery experience has been nuts for me. I feel fine in my head - my body just doesn't agree. My doctor explained yesterday that my body is directing a lot of energy internally to heal my frankenstein uterus. In the last 3 weeks, I've been requesting extra energy to go to work, do stairs, try to lift light weights, etc. Since I'm not eating anything extra, my body needs more energy than there is fuel. So even though I'm eating regularly, I'm not eating enough... or enough of the right stuff... yeah, I'm irritated. In the meantime, I need energy and more rest. I wonder if I'll ever manage to catch up on everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Happy ICLW!
I'm with you on the healing. I know it's not the same as surgery, but my husband had two broken ribs a few months ago it it was so hard for him to do anything.. All he wanted to do was be 'normal' but his body wouldn't let him..
I guess that's where the saying, "time heals all wounds" comes from. =) (Okay, cheesy, I know.. It's what I do! heh)
Have a great weekend and try to take it easy.
Great blog! Thanks for stopping by!
I'm with you. I am so ready to get back my routine. I've never been a patient woman. Sigh.
Good news is it has given me time to work on the iron commenter award. Time I would have spent at the gym.
Happy ICLW to you too !! Stock up on energy, you need it ! :)
I was injured for the past year - so long that it has made me grateful instead of impatient, a transformation I never expected nor thought possible. ~ICLW
Yes, the waiting is soooo frustrating. And the healing part too. I am hoping you are gathering strength in that bod of yours for wonderful things in the cycle to come. And I hope you feel like yourself soon. (I know the blahs are hard to shake...I've had them for about six months!) All my best to you!
ICLW!
Happy ICLW & thanks for stopping by my blog :-)
Wishing you all the best for your recovery hoping you can get back to your normal routine too.
Recovery can be a difficult process. The whole taking time thing really does suck sometimes. I hope you begin to find some more energy. Take care of yourself.
ICLW
The waiting is the hardest part through this whole TTC journey - waiting to heal from surgery, waiting for your period to start, waiting for your follicles to grow, 2WW, etc. It definitely tries our patience, especially when there is often very little influence we can have on our bodies.
Best wishes!
I totally get that, over a week since my c-section and I keep overdoing it because my head feels fine and I pay for it later when my body reminds me that I'm not fine.
I really wish there was a way for them to make the healing process quicker.
I can only imagine how frustrated you are...
((HUGS))
Post a Comment