29 January 2010

Dogs and ribs and dining room tables...

It never ceases to amaze me how hectic a week can get. And I had been feeling so organized when I last posted...

On Tuesday we came home to two messy dogs. Bronwyn had decided to sample the contents of the kitty litter box on Sunday and wasn't really herself on Sunday night or Monday. Well, it all came out on Tuesday - from both ends! The crate was a mess and both dogs had been in it. Aidan spent more than an hour cleaning while I had both dogs in the bath tub. Two baths each and double duty blow drying resulted in a fluffy yet pissed off Ptolemy and a miserable and sick Bronwyn. We managed to have some dinner before we discovered that Bronwyn was still leaking from the back end. So it was back to the bath from Bronwyn, setting up separate crates for the dogs to sleep for the night and the beginning of our vigil to ensure that Bronwyn got enough water. Wednesday came and we were exhausted and the ribs on my right side were killing me.

The ribs were a pain (literally) on Wednesday. I made it through the day but by highland class time I was in agony. It felt like it was muscle related so I tried to stretch it out. Class was pretty good and after the little ones left we covered more new steps for our exam. As the night went on my energy diminished... as did my ability to deal with my achy rib. At home I had Aidan look at the area. It didn't look like anything was amiss. I struggled to find a comfortable sleeping position and hoped that my chiropractor could help on Thursday. And she did! Apparently, my back went into spasm with all of the bending over the tub on Tuesday. Two ribs on my right side were not in the correct position thanks to the muscle spasms in my back. So she stuck acupuncture needles in those spasming muscles and I just about died! I was so out of it when she finally took the needles out that I fell off of the table when I was supposed to get off of it... I felt so silly. Anyhow, as the day progressed the muscles started to relax and last night I put heat on the area. This morning I'm still sore but  my ribs don't hurt nearly as much.

As if sick dogs and sore ribs aren't enough, our dining room table is at this moment sitting on top of the dining room chairs. It is so irritating. One of the legs was wobbly so Aidan took it off to take a look at it last night. Well, the second he removed it, the area where it connected fell apart - and the same happened with another leg. We were not impressed! So Aidan got online and sent a message to the manufacturer and in the meantime my table is sitting on the chairs... sigh.

10 comments:

junebug said...

Poor Brownyn! It amazes what all a dog will try to eat.

Sorry about your ribs. I'm glad your chiro is a miracle worker.

I hope the table manufacturer does something. That is ridiculous. I have found that calling them with a problem more times then not they actually do something about it.

kimbosue said...

YIKES! Hope the pups are finally better.

And that sucks about the table. BOO.

Glad your ribs are back to normal.

Fran said...

Oh noooo, so sorry for the all the troubles!! hang in there it can only get better. Much love, Fran

Photogrl said...

Oh, what a crazy week!

Poor pups, I hope Brownyn is feeling better!

I'm glad that your ribs are feeling a little better, that had to hurt.

And the table, it must just feel like the icing on a cake. Not cool!

Mad Hatter said...

Oh dear! TGIF!!! I can't believe all of this happened in one week! I hope you have a very peaceful and relaxing weekend! Take care!
Love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

What a week ! I hope the next one will be smoother.

Natalie said...

Oh dear, sick dogs are the WORST. I have horrible memories of coming home to a very sick dog in a crate. Ewewew. I hope she gets better pronto.

JJ said...

*sigh*

Hope you get some serious R&R this weekend! xoxo

addingtothepack said...

Ugh. Sick dogs. I feel bad for them when they get sick, but also...don't eat that sh*t (no pun intended)! I hope it's all passed by now.

I hope the ribs feel better quickly!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, there's nothing worse than sick, stinky dogs...... what is it with dogs and litter boxes? Every time my dog goes over to my friend's place, she makes a beeline for something kitty related - food dish or whatever. Taste now, pay later.