I purchased a Kindle for use during our Eastern European Adventure. I will admit that I've spent way too much time on Amazon lately and I have been reading the books that I was planning to read while in CZ. Well, today, I decided to try out the text to speech function. It's not that bad. Sure, it's still a little robotic and some of the pronounciation isn't great but it work pretty well. I listened to a whole book today while I worked and drove and relaxed...
I've started to think about other things I can do to relax while we're away. I'm going to see if my heating pad will work over there for my feet! I also will have my guided visualisation sessions on my iphone. And then there's visiting lovely places and having a 'vacation'. I wonder what else I should do to relax...
6 comments:
I think you should find a spa and have a good massage while you're there. That always helps me relax!
Sounds like you're doing a great job of relaxing so far! Suzy's idea for a massage is great...if you're looking for other suggestions, maybe a gentle yoga class? Breathing is good!
When I just flew to Las Vegas, the lady next to me had a Kindle and she was showing me a bit about it. It would be great for travel, just because it is less bulky than all of those books. Of course, I don't travel enough to warrant the expense...but maybe someday.
Have you tried knitting? I find in very relaxing.
Hi there, I just stumbled onto your blog and see that you're going to the CZR to have IVF. I'm excited to read about your experience, we're looking at that too (just in the beginning stages of deciding what to do).
www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com
Ooooh! I've been thinking of getting the Kindle. As a book reader, do you have more/less eye strain?
I hope you've found some relaxation. It's very soon you'll be leaving!!
Post a Comment