27 July 2009

Organization...

Sometimes I am very organized. It makes me feel at least a little bit in control of my life. There are other times when I don't like organization - I just want to see what life brings. Well, I am in an organization mode. I have so much work to do in the next three weeks and the only way I see getting through it is through checklists, flowcharts, meetings and lots of emails. and once I step on that BA flight on Aug 19, I want none of this insanity. But can I get through the 3 weeks without going nuts...

I wonder why I am only an organization freak sometimes and a go with the flow chick other times. It's moment like this when I am between modes that I sometimes wish I was one or the other. Like today, I said to DH that we need to take out our suitcases and do some leisurely packing over the next 3 weeks. Afterward I began to wonder why I need that long to pack a suitcase for 3 weeks away since I usually pack an hour before I go to the airport. This time, I need control so hence 3 weeks to pack - anyhow, the suitcases at this point are still in the closet...

2 comments:

Pie said...

I am the same way. I think going thru IF makes you feel the need for organization. It's totally the illusion of control thing. But hey! Whatever works.

Just me said...

For me, I am organized about some things, but not about others. My 'space' is extremely disorganized. Despite this (or maybe because of it?), I'm a list maker, a spreadsheet maker, a windows-folder-user...

I also know that I am naturally right brained, but have developed many left brained tendencies (supposedly part of being an intelligent first child with lots of parental expectations). Wonder how that plays into it... hmmm.