Today has been ok. I picked up two of the instructors from NY and then went into the office. DH was at his parent's working on his bike since I need to have the car for the next 3 weeks. When I went to pick up DH we had to talk to his mom about our trip in August. She hasn't said anything to anybody and DH requested again that she keep it to herself. It was very obvious that she thinks that the fault lies in me due to my kidney ailment but I tried to make it clear that we're doing this because of male factor infertility. She then said why couldn't we just keep trying naturally and that it would eventually happen even if it takes 5 years. DH told her that his doctor wouldn't recommend that we do this if he thought that we'd be able to do this naturally - and that we should do it sooner than later due to my health. So she countered by saying that we shouldn't put my health at risk and just go straight to adoption. DH then responded that adoption would cost more from here than IVF. So she just let it be and laid into both of us about stress, waiting so long, etc.
I was a little upset after this exchange but I thought similar things 18 months ago so I let it go. DH is just going to have to deal with his mom in the future because as we get closer to going I may not be so understanding - particularly if discussions become a blame game.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry your MIL is not helping the situation. My Mil can be difficult at times as well.
Letting it go and letting the hubby talk to her in the future is probably best!
How crappy that your MIL seems the need to voice her opinions: Hopefully your husband can make her see the light if nothing else.
I'm so sorry that your MIL is causing additional stress that you don't need. I, too, hope that she comes around.
MILs can make me so angry sometimes! Good luck with your IVF cycle. I am sending good vibes your way. I just had my transfer today. Hopefully these cycles will result in BFPs for both of us.
Post a Comment