Welcome from Bermuda. It's hot and humid here now so I'd prefer to be in AC or in another country at the moment. Still, it's awful pretty here during the summer...
Here's a little bit about my world:
Me - 35, independent consultant and dancer, 4+ years into a doctoral program in management (haven't done any work since March 15th), dx with polycyctic kidney disease (not affecting fertility) and fibroids (apparently not affecting fertility). I love MGM Musicals, theatre, Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Audrey Hepburn, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Star Wars & Star Trek and dancing.
DH - 36, engineer, clairinet player and bagpiper, dx high prolactin levels and low motility. He loves marching and pipe bands, theatre, suspense novels, strategy games and good BBC programming.
Our Life - met in 1999 or 2000 (depends on who you speak to), dating in 2001, engaged in 2005, married in 2006 and began TTCing in 2007. We're on cycle #19.
Other stuff - we have 2 cats and 2 dogs (CKCSs). We love to travel (it happens when you're stuck on a 21 square mile Island). We love Broadway and West End Shows. We both love being onstage performing or backsage making the show happen. We're planners and that probably makes this whole IF thing suck royally.
What we're doing to get by - We started increasing our commnication with each other after I had an emotional explosion in December 2007 over an unsuccessful cycle. Since December 08 we've stopped putting our energy into TTCing and started putting it into getting healthier and spending quality time together. This year we've walked the equivalent of a marathon and ran a half-marathon. We've adopted healthy eating habits and we're dabbling in acupuncture in preparation for an IVF cycle that's scheduled to start on Aug 21 ( I'll start BC by the end of this week unless a miracle happens). We'll be doing IVF in Zlin in the Czech Republic and therefore will not miss out on our annual vacation.
Other than that - we're trying to enjoy the summer!
Looking forward to visiting everyone this month!
9 comments:
One of my BF's has the same kidney disease and her 21 year old daughter was just diagnosed with it too. It's been really rough for them.
My mom, grandmother and (apparently) my great-grandfather had it. My grandmother was on dialysis for years. My mom had a kidney transplant when I was 14 and it lasted for 16 years. She's now on the transplant list and on dialysis until she is matched. I am hopeful that I do not end up with kidney failure but I understand the odds of that happening.
Happy ICLW Week! Bermuda! Lucky you! We were there for a holiday a year ago and LOVED it! My best friend has the same kidney thing, but has been able to manage it really well with acupuncture, diet and exercise. If you want more details, let me know!
Happy ICLW!
Are you getting excited for your trip? I'm getting excited for you!!
Doesn't waiting suck???
Hi Mad Hatter - I'd love more information, particularly on the acupuncture. I haven't explored my PKD with my acupuncturist yet since we're focusing on the IVF prep.
Hey Pie! I am in serious countdown mode but there is so much to do before I fly out!
HI! I'm hear from ICLW and I'm been doing acupuncture and love to travel so we have a few things in common. I look forward to following your post and hearing about your vacation.
Good Luck this cycle. I really believe that acupuncture gave me better quality eggs & embryos so stick with it.
Awwww y'all sound like a great couple. :) I always have emotional breakdowns, it's totally fine ;)
ICLW
Good luck with your upcoming IVF cycle!
~ICLW
Wow! How interesting to go abroad for IVF. I am curious to see how it goes and how similar/different they will be to those in the UK and US, Best wishes & happy ICLW!
Post a Comment