It was a hectic day! Work was nuts and it'll be the same way for a few days. I have no idea how I am going to deal with the insanity in August if I am getting more stressed about travelling...
Anyhow, I had a lovely early evening. My niece turned 1 today and her parents had an impromptu b-day party. I first went to my hairdresser's farewell party while DH was at a meeting. I gave her pink champagne and promised to stop by her champagne house party on Saturday. I then ran to meet DH and we headed to his sister's house. We watched our niece figure out how to open her presents. I will admit that it was a good laugh. There was paper everywhere. I also had some time one o one with her and she's just so charming. I think that a year ago I didn't want to be around her, I didn't want to hold her or to play with her. Now she always has a smile for me and often ends up in my arms. I guess this means that I've come a long way. Yes, there is still a longing when I hold her but it's not her fault. I am glad I got over some of my issues to enjoy a few special moments of her first year.
I'm so looking forward to the end of the week. We're going to see Harry Potter on Friday and then I have a spa day (with a detox wrap) scheduled for Saturday. I need to get through the week first though...
No comments:
Post a Comment