I am so frustrated, I could scream... or cry... DH just found out that he has to go to Toronto in the midst of our IVF cycle. He'll have to fly out of Vienna, via Amsterdam, to Toronto on Aug 23. He'll return on Aug 27, the day that my mom arrives. That means that we arrive on Aug 20 and 2 days after our first appointment he'll be flying out - and I'll have to do the injections on my own for 5 days... My mom can't change her tickets to come out earlier so I guess I'll be on my own. I was a bit panicky when I first got the news but I am calming down a bit. I was hoping he could get out of this meeting but on the way home his client approved the travel costs.... oh well...
Added to that, in complaining about having to go to Toronto to his mom, he ended up having to tell her that we're going on vacation to do IVF... of course she was concerned why we didn't decide to go to the US. She appeared to feel better about it when DH said that his urologist thought going to the Czech Republic was an excellent idea (she really respects his urologist). DH asked that she not share this information... I don't feel like having family members making comments at this time.... sigh...
I need a weekend!
2 comments:
Oh no! But honestly, I did shots both ways (with and without hubby) and I felt it was much less painful and panic-inducing to do them myself. Seriously. It's like the pain of ripping off a band-aid, it is always worse when someone else does it.
As for telling family, we are debating this ourselves now, due to vacation plans. Some family (that can be less intrusive) know, while others don't. But we may have to tell the intrusive ones, and I'm cringing about doing it. Sigh from me too!!
So sorry you are having so many frustrations with this! Hope it works out and you will have the strength you need to do your own injections.
::Hugs::
Post a Comment