16 July 2009

More planning going on here....

I wrote something last night but I lost it when I was going to post it so I just gave up and went to bed. Now I have to remember what I wrote...

Yesterday was acupuncture day. He did a post-ovulation sequence on me followed by moxa. He has also prepared the accupressure sequence that he'd like me to follow while we're away. I so wish I could go to him while we're going through the entire process.... still, I'm grateful that he's done this for us. He's now putting together a guide for me that explains where to apply pressure, etc. I've also ordered an acupen that should help in locating the positions.

We talked about whether I was feeling stressed and I admitted that I freaked out a bit last Friday when considering our contingency plan. I mean we have one and we made those decisions a while ago. Still, I was second guessing our decisions, particular since we had agreed not to do anything additional until we have a result from the upcoming cycle. He told me that we're right to take one thing at a time and don't start second guessing ourselves at this stage. To calm my mind he did ask what the ideal would be if we had to do additional cycles and I said I'd love it if we could do further cycles in India or Thailand or South Africa because then I could visit those places at the same time. I will admit that I did feel better thinking of it that way.

Other than that, we've finally booked the London/Vienna leg of the trip. I'm looking at hotels/guest houses for our overnight excursions. I've found great places in Prague and Durnstein. I've found a lovely place in Buda but I don't know if we want to drive 4 hours to Budapest. Vienna has been a pain. I really can't find anything that blows me away but I find that I am drawn to the Marriott at the [URL="https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-photos.mi?marshaCode=viese&pageID=HWHOM"]Imperial Riding School[/URL]. I should see what the tour times are at the Spanish Riding School..... I don't think they'll be performing in August.

I need to make a final decision about shows in London. I've ordered the tickets for 'Wicked' on Sept 11. I now need to get tickets for 'Jersey Boys' for Sept 12. We're contemplating matinee tickets to see 'Dirty Dancing' on the 12th but we also plan to catch a train to see friends in Colchester in the morning. We should make it back by 2.30 to make the 3pm show but it might be a bit rushed. Perhaps we should just forgo 'Dirty Dancing' and get back to London mid-afternoon, do some shopping, have dinner in Chinatown and go to the theatre. I am honestly leaning that way at the moment (plus, I need my Next and LUSH fix).

2 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That sounds like a great time in London! We have been to Prague three times to visit our family there and love, love, love it. If you need advice from a local I can give you my sis-in-law's email. She's living in France right now, but is from Prague.

Hope the acupuncture is helping calm those anxious moments!

Pie said...

Sounds like you are putting together a good trip. I've seen Wicked, which was great, and I've heard Jersey Boys is fun too.