24 July 2009

And it begins.....

It's FRIDAY!!!!!

Well, I start BCPs today so that means I am at the beginning of the IVF cycle - WOW Strangely enough, I'm feeling pretty ok about the whole thing at the moment.

My mom is finalizing her paperwork for dialysis in CZ. The transportation to and from our hotel for her treatments was looking like it was going to be about $500 for the two weeks that she'll be there. I offered to pay for it since she's doing this to be supportive of me and ended up giving her $1000 that she could put towards whatever she wanted. Well, the coordinator sorted out a great deal for her because of the frequency of journeys (12 journeys - 6 each way) - $250!!! My mother is quite happy about that and I am glad that she can do a little more with the funds that I gave her.

I'm hoping for a quiet evening tonight. Except for the final installment of the Torchwood mini-series, I am hoping to identify some simple projects for the jewelry making night on Saturday in the books that I have. If people can easily follow instructions, I can relax a bit versus teach people what to do.

9 comments:

Melissa G said...

Congrats on starting your cycle! How exciting.

I hope it all goes well, and leads you to your BFP!

Best Wishes

Pie said...

Yay for you! Moving forward, you'll be leaving before you know it! So I take it AF arrived?

daega99 said...

Thanks! Yes, AF appeared at 10am (as usual). In a way it is good to finally get things going!

Jessica White said...

GOOD LUCK!

Echloe said...

Starting a cycle is always so exciting. I just am still weirded out that they start us off with BCPs. They should give them a different name for us IVFers. Something like "good luck pills", or "here we go pills". Anything but Birth Control pills.

ICLW

Beautiful Mess said...

Happy ICLW!

Good luck on your cycle! Holding Hope for you and MAKING her give me some answers ;o)

Glad your mom got a GREAT deal on transportation! Hope all goes well with her and her treatments.
*HUGS*

..al said...

All the very very very best for your IVF cycle!


ICLW

Petrucia said...

well then, very good luck to you on your cycle! I guess we'll be cycling together, I start stims on August 10th.
have a great weeekend. :)
ICLW

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Yay for starting your new cycle! I hope the jewelry making goes well. I love to make earrings and some necklaces too.

PS - I'm adding Torchwood to Netflix since you've recommended it.