01 September 2010

Week 21

Date/Week: September 1; week 21 (16 weeks (112 days) to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: ?

Milestones: We get our c-section date tomorrow. It will most likely be somewhere between Dec 15 and 17... hope we'll be home for Christmas!

Physical Progress: I have an increasingly rounding belly that generally looks pretty cool - even the boobs don't look so bad since they are now protrude less than the belly. I've been experimenting with various LUSH massage bars to mix up the tedium of moisturizing the bump... great scents!

Symptoms: been pretty tired this week, some leg cramps and a bit of nausea.

How do I feel about my body: It has been a good week. My mom and I had a conversation about the boobs - that would have helped a few months ago. I am growing to not mind the bump but sometimes forget it's there when I feel normal. I am still kind of startled to see it in the mirror when I go into the bathroom in the morning though.

Food cravings/aversions: chicken noodle soup; cheddar cheese on toasted raisin bread with butter (think I'll go get one when I finish this)

Sleep: Much better since Aidan is home. Strangely, the furbabies have been sleeping pretty well so we've both gotten some good sleep. Looking forward to sleeping in on Labour Day (a tiny bit anyway)

Energy level: I've been feeling tired when I get home but since Aidan is doing construction type things to the house (installing the large mirror in my office; putting in a heated towel rack) I've just been crocheting or knitting elsewhere in the house. I do need to organise my office - particularly my desk - but I may do it once he has finished painting that room. Also, once he finishes paining the nursery and moves the furniture, I can start dealing with washing cloth diapers and clothes that I've gotted off of eBay.

Exercise: Walking. Planning to go to prenatal yoga tonight and water aerobics on Saturday.

Baby Movement: He's a pretty active sproglet. He was moving those arms and legs all over the place during the level 2 u/s yesterday. He is stubborn though as he would not move from lying on his back. We've already started discussing where he gets his stubborn streak from...

Thoughts and Feelings? We're viable in 3 weeks and even though we're taking each week at a time, I will probaby breathe my first sigh of relief then. Still, we still need to get to 30 weeks to feel comfortable about delivering early at the hospital here. I just really want my blood pressure to cooperate and for us to get to December safely and healthy.

What I am looking forward to: Seeing my OB on Sept 2nd to book the new c/s date and seeing sproglet again on Sept 13th. I am in the midst of knitting or crocheting 3 blankets - I think I'll be sick of yarn (again) once they're done. I also find that I look forward to Sundays when I make soups and stews and other meals and freeze them for the forthcoming winter. Sure, Aidan cooks but I have a feeling we may have our hands full and he won't be interested in cooking!

What am I reading / things I’m learning: I started reading up on cloth diapering preparations since I have to start washing covers and cloth inserts soon. We're also purchasing some pampers swaddlers sensitive as backups.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Cant believe you are 21 weeks already! Its flying by! Look forward to hearing when the babe will make an appearance!

Kir said...

WOW...I bet you look FABULOUS and you sound wonderful!!!
so glad everything is going sooo well.

Kir said...

WOW...I bet you look FABULOUS and you sound wonderful!!!
so glad everything is going sooo well.