16 September 2010

This and That...

I survived another OB appointment. My BP was up in the office again. Thank God I take it twice daily at home - I swear he would have shipped me out asap. Still, my weight is right on track and so is sproglet's growth so I didn't get the 'I'd feel more comfortable if you were overseas' lecture. I don't have to go back for another 3 weeks so I'm on Island at least until October 5th!!! Don't get me wrong, I love my OB but the stress of the last few appointments have gotten me down.

I did speak to my insurance case worker today though (I have to be prepared for anything). They have a good plan for me if I do have to go to Halifax and I was also given the coordinator's number out there for additional questions. The only thing they can't tel me is how long it may take between the birth and us coming home (it depends on the health of both of us). In any case, I feel better about the plan but I'm still not that hot on the prospect of ending up in Halifax. But if it gets me to 36 weeks, so be it!

I think I've chosen the photographer I'd like to do my maternity shots and the newborn shots. She is reasonably priced and offers a package for both - I would have to pay extra for prints and low res digital pics though. Still, it's way cheaper than my engagement pics and that photographer was going to charge me the same amount! So hopefully, I can book for the end October since I'll be 7 months as of the 20th and in the 3rd trimester. As or the newborn shots... we'll see when we'll be able to do them...

I've started washing my stash of newborn to 3 month clothes. I got some amazing deals on eBay and have a stash of 3-6 month and 6-12 (with some 18) month clothes as well. I think I'll deal with the newborn - 3 months first since I need to pack the hospital bag, then do some cloth diapers and sheets/changing pad covers and then move on to the other age ranges and corresponding size diapers for storage (I know I'll also have to wash them again later but at least they'll be prepped. We may put up the crib this weekend (project to keep our minds off of Hurricane Igor while we're in the midst of it) but it requires Aidan to sort out his stuff in the room first (still not done...).

Other than that, just doing some hurricane prep. We have date night tonight so I'll relax a bit. Aidan may be flying our next Wednesday and would come back the following Wednesday so I may get to see him on the morning of our anniversary at least. He'll miss the childbirth class on what to do when you come home from the hospital but he's actually willing to go to the December class by himself if he's here.

1 comment:

Kir said...

I am glad you are ok for now.
Thinking of you as you get ready for baby.