08 September 2010

Week 22

Date/Week: September 8; week 22 (15 weeks (105 days) to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: 185 (+7 since last month; +15 since beginning)

Milestones: We're almost 100 days until c-section; the nursery is taking shape; I've begun pulling things together for my hospital bag

Physical Progress: It feels like my boobs have settled. They're still a bit overwhelming but I am learning to get used to them. My maternity pants with the full panels are finally starting to fit - they're a bit warm though!

Symptoms: heartburn has been a pain; not as many leg cramps; some nausea

How do I feel about my body: I'm liking the pregnant profile somewhat. It's kind of odd that everything is compacted between my belly and boobs. I've done some measurements and my legs and arms are still the same size. My under-bra measurement has increased by 1 inch. All of my expansion is in the torso, which is not that long on me (I'm all legs). It's kind of cool!

Food cravings/aversions: plums; banana bread

Sleep: Some nights I get up at 3am and can't go back to sleep. Other nights I sleep all the way through to 6.30am but have really vivid dreams. Either way, I feel tired in the morning.

Energy level: I have energy but I can't do everything that I need to do. I cooked on Sunday for 3 hours and then I had to take a 2 hour nap to recover. I have a prenatal DVD that I want to try but I don't have enough energy in the evening to do it...

Exercise: Walking and the warm-up at dance class.

Baby Movement: I've felt a few strong kicks but generally I just feel him moving around. I look forward to feeling him move since we've apparently broken our doppler (still don't know how we've done that.

Thoughts and Feelings? We're focused on getting sproglet to December and home for Christmas! I'm a little tired of the emotional rollercoaster of doctor's appointments. I am thankful through that we've had a good pregnancy thus far and that sproglet is growing like a weed.

What I am looking forward to: Continuing to work on the nursery. I also need to work with a friend of mine on a baby shower (I have to give her addresses and phone numbers). I'm nervous about the whole baby shower concept but she knows that I don't handle frou-frou well... Guess I need to put together a registry...

What am I reading / things I’m learning: I have had to read a handbook from a hospital in Halifax and it was actually really informative. I used it to put together my list for my hospital bag. I've also been reading up on the local LLL and will go to my first meeting on Saturday morning.






3 comments:

Fran said...

Love the belly pic!! You look great! I wonder about the doppler if you got some gel into the battery pack. Have a look and change the battery.

really not long for you my friend!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said...

Looking good!! I am so glad to see that everything is going well!!

erika said...

Beautiful Baby Belly! I love your pics:) you look sooo adorable!