10 September 2010

Yoga and Who will Watch the Sprog???

My return to prenatal yoga was a surprise. I remembered that it was tough but it's tougher with a baby in the belly. The class is a combination of yoga and pilates. I was fine in class but I have been really sore since so I can imagine how the others in class who admitted that they haven't been exercising must feel! The class is $25 for 2 hours so it is a pretty good deal for the next 3.5 months. And since I'll be teaching and doing warm-ups for highland 2 times a week and water aerobics twice a month, I should be in shape for my c-section recovery!

We've been having fun in the exploration of child care options. I have contacted a number of nurseries and they're pretty pricey (and many have waiting lists). I am not hot on the nursery option at the moment so we are exploring a nanny-share option with another couple who currently have an 8 month old. Then yesterday, the caregiver for our niece told Aidan's mom that she is losing a child to pre-school and whether we'd be interested in taking the spot. She is reasonably priced but (1) she keeps the children until about 2 and (2) she doesn't do Fridays. Aidan's parents offered to take the baby twice a week if my parents would do the other two and my parents loved the option. So now we need to figure out what to do on Fridays. The options are (a) taking turns working from home on Fridays or (b) Aidan takes Fridays off and works on Saturdays or (c) we find a caregiver for Fridays. So we're exploring this option as well.

And the shower... One of my friends wants to plan it so I need to sit down with her to identify a date and time and to give her email address and stuff. I think I'll offer my house as the location and provide the food so she doesn't have to worry about that part (with family, it'll be too big possibly to have a tea at a restaurant). I started getting info about doing registries in Bermuda and I can only set them up 2 weeks before the shower. People purchase the items and take them with them. Anything left over then goes back on the shelves. So I need to know where I am going to have to register for what! As for things we can't get here, I will set up a registry through myregistry.com but I need to talk to a college of mine who flies back and forth to Bermuda to see if I can send the items to him to bring down - Aidan and I will then pay him for duty and any extra bag charges that he may have. It's a pain but I don't think andy of the local stores will bring in some of the items that we want (i.e. the stokke xplory travel bag).

No comments: