11 September 2010

Beautiful Bellies (and Boobs)

I went to a La Leche League meeting today. I was a bit nervous because I have no clue about breastfeeding. I had downloaded a few newsletters and saw a few names of people that I knew but I was going in pretty blind.

The talk today was on returning to work. It was really interesting and I took 3 pages of notes. I now have a few strategies on how to deal with pumping and freezing and bottle feeding while breastfeeding. Next month's topic is bringing baby home and Aidan said he'll come along for that one.

While I was there I couldn't help but notice the amazing range of bellies in the pregnant ladies attending the meeting. I was feeling absolutely huge this morning and then felt positively tiny compared to the other ladies. And as for my boobs, I have nothing compare to many of the ladies there. I just need to take my body changes in stride because it is truly the incubation and feeding factory in development.

No comments: