It has been a good holiday weekend! I got to sleep in on Saturday but the dogs made it impossible on Sunday. I got some cooking and freezing done yesterday - enchiladas, bologanese, meatball, spinach and brown rice shells soup and portugese red bean soup. Next week's menu will be fun too (lasagna is on it). I'm even making banana bread... yum!
We started putting together the nursery yesterday. I can't believe the number of books we have. Many were mine but we've also collected a lot over the years. We still have a lot of Aidan's junk in the room so there is still the need to transition. Plus, we're not really decorating the room since we don't see the use of doing much in there for a baby so once the crib is up and the fitted sheet and quilt are in there, there won't be much else to do. As for clothes, I'm waiting for a few more lots I've won on eBay, I'll sort through what I like, wash the ones we keep and sell the rest.
I have my hospital packing list from the Halifax hospital. It's good for the hospital here as well so I used it for my packing list. I don't have some of the stuff - like nursing bras and pads - but I do have most of what is needed. It is kind of sobering to have this list and the suitcase out. I can't bring myself to pack yet. I wish I could hold off until the 3rd trimester when I feel that I should be packing a hospital bag. It sucks that a good part of this pregnancy is dealing with mental crap...
As for the milestones, I am going to go for a pedicure to celebrate 24 weeks. We're possibly going out to dinner for 28 weeks but I am also contemplating a prenatal massage. I am trying to think of something for week 32 that will be enjoyable for both of us. And if we make it to 36, it will be a great gift indeed (and an amazing yet exhausting Christmas).
2 comments:
The number of books is always astounding! I haven't even taken any of my books that are at my parents' house, because there are quite a few boxes.
Enjoy your pedicure!
Yay! for starting to work on the nursery. How exciting!
Post a Comment