Aidan flew out last night. We made the most of our anniversary - we got up early to have a little more time together, went out to the Hog Penny for lunch, exchanged gifts (I received a ruby and diamond pendant on a white gold chain to match my earrings from years ago; he received a battery powered weed wacker - we were both happy!) and I received a surprise bouquet of flowers (he ordered them when he found out he was supposed to fly out on Tuesday - they're beautiful). We stopped by my parent's house on the way to the airport for him to put on his travelling uniform and got him checked in and through the gate. I then headed home as it was too late to go to yoga.
I didn't do much last night. I received the last lot of clothes from eBay - mostly 3-6 months. I now have way too much stuff so I will probably do a second weed through as I wash things. I washed the cloth diapers 2 more times last night and dried them. I also tried to upload the week 24 pictures but the SD card reader that I have doesn't work with the larger storage levels - I'll decide whether to purchase a new one today. I also started making the chicken stock that I'll use to make chicken noodle soup tonight (ground chickent, bone-in chicken breasts, bay leaves, and onion, carrot and celery stalk and 5 quarts of chicken broth...). The cats and dogs were good last night and I crated the dogs around 10pm and headed to bed.
Tonight I think I'll finish the soup white I watch Xanadu. I'm also washing the 3-6 month stash of clothing tonight (way, way too much stuff!!!) and may start wrapping the Christmas presents for Aidan. I've decided to push the spa day out to Oct 2 or 3 since I found out yesterday that the 2 classes (breastfeeding & post-partum) will be this Saturday and then on Monday. Sure, I could still do Saturday afternoon but I'd prefer to spend the entire day vegetating.
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it even though he had to take off!
ICLW #115
http://lovelyladybump.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment