Hurricane Igor is now a memory. We were so blessed that it wasn't as bad as it was predicted to be. It decreased in intensity just as it approached us. The winds were still around for a very long time though but thankfully the damage wasn't too bad. Lots of tree damage and beach erosion but nothing major. We lost electricity around lunchtime on Sunday but thankfully it was back on yesterday morning. My parents got theirs back around 2am this morning and Aidan's parents are still out.
So now we're back to life post-Igor. I am hopeful that we do not see another hurricane come this way (Lisa... I'm talking to you...). Aidan flies out to the UL tonight so I'm the single mom of 4 furbabies for a week (he'll hopefully update the family blog with his experiences). Then, we're into October and some major milestones to take on relative to sproglet... So yeah, I have a busy few days ahead of sproglet prep.
Some pictures:
http://bernews.com/2010/09/looking-back-at-igor-in-pictures/
http://www.royalgazette.com/rg/photoAlbum.jsp?sectionId=125
I totally forgot about ICLW!!!! I can thank Igor for that too... sorry! I'll be visiting your blogs soon!!!
7 comments:
So glad you are safe! Those are some incredible pictures. I will send my stay away hurricanes thoughts your way!
I didn't know you had 4 furbabies, wow!
Glad to hear everything's ok there!
Hi There!
Just popping on for ICLW!
It's amazing that after all of that trying you've become pregnant on your own! Congratulations!!!
ICLW #53
http//funnylittlepollywogs.com
So glad to hear that you're safe and it wasn't as bad as expected!
I was thinking about you on Sunday. Hope Lisa stays far away!
Thank goodness you got through that - what an exciting and scary thing to go through, especially whilst expecting! I am scared of storms, but that's as bad as it gets here, and that's bad enough! xxx
Congrats on your pregnancy.
iclw
#19 rach @ the miss ruby
my iclw post this month -
http://themissruby.blogspot.com/2010/09/iclw-edition-of-learning-to-trust-life.html
I have 3 furbabies, I hope Lisa stays far, far away from you!
ICLW
Post a Comment