Total weight gain/loss: shall find out 9/16
Milestones: We've secured a post-partum doula and have child care pretty much sorted for 3 months onward; I've joined La Leche League and went to my first meeting; I'm scheduled to go to two childbirth classes on Sept 20 & 27 (they're on breastfeeding and bringing baby home); I've officially joined a prenatal yoga class
Physical Progress: I was feeling pretty big but after going to the LLL meting and the prenatal yoga class, I'm actually quite compact at this stage!
Symptoms: some leg cramping and heartburn
How do I feel about my body: I discovered in yoga last week that while I am in pretty good shape, getting through the creakiness is tough. I was sore through Sunday from that class - I even went swimming at a beach on Saturday to get through it. I find that I have started to rub my belly - probably in hope to feel sproglet from the outside eventually.
Food cravings/aversions: nothing really this week. Dried apricots perhaps.
Sleep: It's a crapshoot. Some nights I get through to about 5.45am and other nights I'm up at 3am and that's it.
Energy level: Still in the energy zone but I wonder for how much longer. My to-do list is loosely dated since some nighs all I want to do is sit down when I get home...
Exercise: Warm-up at dance class; prenatal yoga; swimming; walking
Baby Movement: He's moving quite a bit. Aidan felt him twice last night but wasn't sure what he was feeling so it wasn't the stellar first time movement experience that you see in the movies... oh well!
Thoughts and Feelings? Just taking it week by week at the moment. I realise we're doing well considering. Our first key milestone is next week and I hope we get to celebrate the other 3 here but I'm now mentally ok with being flown out. We've done a lot in the last week, I've had my BP meds changed again and I'm hopeful that we continue to have a boring pregnancy. And I'm hoping hurricane Igor doesn't screw with my frozen food stash if we lose electricity...
What I am looking forward to: Week 24! Week 28! Week 32! Week 36! Christmas!
What am I reading / things I’m learning: Starting to read through the LLL materials. I have an idea about bottles that we'll need now. Also getting ready to wash the cloth diapers so reading about those. Thankfully the post-partum doula has experience with both!
4 comments:
Looking good, Momma!
You look great! And even better, you feel good!
You look adorable:-)
Happy ICLW and congrats! I'm 20 weeks along and I feel you on the lack of sleep and heartburn! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! I have a diaper bag giveaway going on at my blog if you're interested!
Post a Comment