I meant to post this weekend but it has been nuts. The good thing is that I was able to visit many blogs this weekend. It was great fun getting to know new blogs and visiting other favorites! Saturday was going to be crazy since we were going to be helping at the fair for the girl guides. I went in for my wash/treatment/blow dry/flat iron at 8am and then got Hallowe'en candy before we headed to the fair. It was busy, as usual and I didn't even get to visit any stalls - I basically worked the entire time I was there. We did see Aidan's urologist there and he was so overjoyed when Aidan told him and then he saw me. He asked for a birth announcement because he said Aidan is like one of his kids (Aidan grew up with his kids). We said definitely.
In the afternoon, I went with my mom and my friend who is hosting the shower on Nov 6the to put together the local registry. It's so different from the US. They give you a shopping cart and you have to walk around and put what you'd like in the cart - then they put it aside and your guests come in and purchase something and take it with them. This is why you can only set it up two weeks before hand.Added to this, there's no one there to answer any questions. I found the experience somewhat disappointing... I couldn't believe the prices, the selection wasn't great for what was needed and we couldn't get any help. We decided to head to another store to see if we could find what this sotre didn't carry. The next store was even worse... they had so many things in storage for other ladies showers that I was told to come back on Tuesday. So tomorrow I'll go there during lunchtime. My mom and my friend showed me what they'd like for me to include in that registry but they were visably disappointed that we couldn't do anything. Oh well...
After going back to the fair and finishing up there we headed home in the evening to enjoy pizza and a few episodes of the last season of Bones. We unfortunately got a call later in the evening that Aidan's brother was taken to the hospital - it appears to have been a combination of heat exhaustion (he was out on a boat all day), dehydration and the seasickness meds he was on. We sort of lost interest in tv and spent a lot of time on line looking up drug interactions, etc. By midnight we heard that the hospital would be keeping him overnight so we had a restless night's sleep.
We were up early in the morning - had to get ready to have Aidan's family over for breakfast (we forgot to prepare the night before with all of the excitement). We then went to head out for church but the battery on the car was dead... bummer. Aidan soon discovered tht our newish maintenance free battery required maintenance (water). He called the church to say we were stuck and he couldn't sing for the morning mass and I started breakfast while he fiddled with the car. Everyone came over at the expected time (save SIL who went to the hospital) and literally inhaled breakfast. We had cinnamon rolls, fried eggs, back bacon, low sodium bacon, french toast (using italian bread), regular toast with butter and english preserves, pineapple juice, apple juice, and fresh strawberries, blueberries and rasberries. It was lovely to have everyone there and not as much work as when they come for dinner! In fact, the kitchen was clean and the dishes in the dishwasher before they left! We also took the vist as the opportunity to give Aidan's dad an angel for 2010 for his collection.
I then headed to the spa for my Milestone #2 treat. I had booked a 1 hour mother-to-be massage followed by 1/2 hour of reiki. I had a gift certificate for a pedicure that I was allowed to use towards the massage so I paid the difference and a gratuity ahead of time. I was taken to the locker room where I had a quick shower before putting on my robe an slippers and heading out to the lounge. The lounge was lovely - it overlooked the pool and the South Shore. It was an amazing view. I sat on one of the lounge chairs while flipping through Vogue (the fall fashions aren't that bad this year...). I was then called into the therapy room. The massage was lovely. She concentrated a lot on the knots in my shoulders and neck (no surprise there). Sproglet was going crazy during this part of the session. The reiki was the best part. I ended up falling asleep and even sproglet calmed down. I so didn't want to get up afterwards! I then went back to the lounge, had water and tea sandwiches while I enjoyed an issue of Vanity Fair and then reluctantly headed home.
We visited BIL at the hospital before dinner. He was bored out of his mind. He is scheduled for an MRI today and will hopefully be released thereafter. We kept him and SIL company for a while. The hospital sucks here because the visiting hours (particularly for spouses) end at 8pm - which means he had a very long night alone. I get to look forward to that in the Maternity ward.....
We had an early night because we were shattered. I had the weirdest thing to deal with before bed though - an ingrown eyelash. Aidan tried to get it out with tweesers but I couldn't stay still. Then I remembered what a make-up artist did with me for a fashon show I did way back when... I had Aidan put ambesol on my lash line with a q-tip. He was actually able to get the lash out with a needle (I shudder to think of what would have happened if I moved). It worked and didn't hurt a bit!
I realised at 6.30 this morning that there were emails I hadn't sent over the weekend so I was doing that before breakfast. Still, I've had a productive morning. I've caught up on just about everything. I've also made an appointment with my acupuncturist on friday since the siatica has been (literally) a pita - particularly down the back of my right thigh. And, of course, I see my OB tomorrow.... fingers crossed for a c/s date!
4 comments:
Wow, what a weekend! I really hope your BIL will be out of the hospital, it's definitely good to be checked out properly even if just for peace of mind. Fab treat for your milestone, can't wait for the next one!!
Congrats on reaching another milestone and thanks for stopping by my blog!
~Keiko, Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed (ICLW #142)
Sounds like a you had a lovely time at the spa. Make sure to treat yourself a few more times before the sproglet arrives. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Oh the pampering sounds amazing:) I love the spa:)
I hope your BIL is feeling better and back on his feet in no time
Post a Comment