Total weight gain/loss:
Milestones: Milestones #2
We're one step closer to being able to deliver on Island. As of this week the hospital would be willing to deliver us. We're not sure if our OB is on the same page (he may want 32 weeks) but we'll find out when we see him on Tuesday morning. In any case, we're pretty psyched about reaching this goal!We've attended a class that covered c-sections and the subsequent recovery and also met with our post-partum doula. I've also had a baby shower at work that showed me that I still really have no clue what I need in the house for a baby...
Physical Progress: The kicking and sleeping patterns are more consistent and at times body parts are starting to stick out - Aidan and I spent a bit of time over the weekend trying to identify which body part was protruding but couldn't agree on what it was.
Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; soreness in the pelvic area and round ligament pain; dry nose and nosebleeds; heartburn; mild siatica; nausea (it's back!)
How do I feel about my body:Looking at myself in the mirror before I get dresses, it is kind of weird to see how my belly fits into my frame. It's all rather neat and it makes sense when I think about how I move in yoga class. As for the boobage, I notice in the morning that they have leaked overnight now. I guess we're getting prepared for their new purpose...
Food cravings/aversions: Portuguese donuts
Sleep: the weather has changed so it is more comfortable. The quality of my sleep still sucks though.
Energy level: I've been fighting a cold so I've felt like death warmed over...
Exercise: prenatal yoga; walking
Baby Movement: The kick counting is a bit better. His kicks and rolls are more definite. Aidan can feel them now and says it really makes everything seem more real.
Thoughts and Feelings? I'm calmer than I was last week. Sure, we need to sort out the whole diaper changing station situation but other than that most things are ready - I even have some decent nursing nightgowns (Belabumbum - they're really lovely). I really would like to have a c/s date though because it is the ultimate goal for us to focus on. Still, as Aidan says, we have to take things day by day and week by week and we've been doing pretty well doing that too.
What I am looking forward to: setting up the shower registry on Oct 23 (or so) with my friend, my mom and my MIL; massage and reiki at 2pm on October 24; possibility of sorting out the c/s date on Oct 26; doing the maternity shots on October 28; baby shower on Nov 6; possibly wearing some dressy maternity gowns to some holiday events that are coming up (it remains to e seen how excited I'll be about these gowns); working towards milestone #3 (Nov 17)!!!
What am I reading / things I’m learning: Started reading 'Happiest Baby on the Block'; Learned how to tie a Moby Wrap
6 comments:
Yay for 28 weeks and hitting another milestone!
You look beautiful!
I agree. Yay for 28 weeks!!!
I had colds all the way through my last pregnancy. What a drag. I think I OD'd on lemon tea at one point. The only good thing about it was that the first time I got a cold when I wasn't pregnant, it took only a very small amount of cold medicine to help. Of course, one glass of wine could get me drunk at that point as well. :)
What a happy outcome for all your years of struggle. I'm so happy you're pregnant and so happy your at 28 weeks!!!!
Dawn Davenport
Host of radio show “Creating a Family: Talk about Adoption and Infertility”
www.CreatingaFamily.org
What a happy outcome for all your years of struggle. I'm so happy you're pregnant and so happy your at 28 weeks!!!!
Dawn Davenport
Host of radio show “Creating a Family: Talk about Adoption and Infertility”
www.CreatingaFamily.org
You look amazing and before you know it, it'll be time to welcome li'l Sproglet! Stay encouraged ... can you believe October is almost gone??
Congratulations! You look radiant.
Post a Comment