09 October 2010

Waxing While Pregnant

It definitely isn't as pedestrian as driving while pregnant and not nearly as exciting as sex while pregnant but I'm finding waxing to be quite interesting.

I get waxed regularly and very early on in this pregnancy I decided that I would continue getting waxed. The reality has been that my nervousness has reduced my monthly waxing appointments to once per trimester - basically, when I can't put it off anymore. I generally get an eyebrow wax, followed by underarms, a brazilian and then 1/2 leg. Each time, I have been surprised that it hasn't hurt as much as I think that it would. It could be the wax or it could be my beautician (she's amazing). Either way, I am glad it has been positive thus far.

My eyebrows are still the worst - I think it is the proximity to my eyes. My underarms are getting better but I have also noticed recently that the hair under my arms is finer (years of waxing plus deodorant that helps to do that, perhaps). The brazilians have been the biggest surprise. It doesn't hurt any more when the hair is removed but it is sore longer afterwards - I attribute that to the increased blood flow in the area. I put on antiseptic cream when I get home and I'm usually fine within a day. My legs have been less sensitive than usual - to the point where I really don't feel it when she takes off the wax. Pretty cool!

So my next waxing session is in a month. It may be my last before sproglet's arrival. I would like to perhaps do one more in December before the c-section since I know I won't be waxed again until 2-3 months later... we'll see if I have that option.

No comments: