06 October 2010

Week 26

Date/Week: October 6; week 26 (11 weeks (77 days) to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: +2.25 lbs

Milestones: I think we've found a pediatrician - just need to fill out all of the paperwork; the crib has been put together; I've started putting together email addresses to give to one of my friends for the shower; have to do kick counting going forward 

Physical Progress: I have a proper belly! And with the belly, the boobs are finally in proportion. It's all pretty cool!

Symptoms: leg and feet cramps; soreness in the pelvic area and round ligament pain; nosebleeds; heartburn 

How do I feel about my body: Another good week. I'm enjoying some of my fall/winter turtlenecks with jeans - I feel that I look better than in the maternity shorts.

Food cravings/aversions: apple cake; vegetarian croquettes

Sleep: Still having really wild dreams. I'm going to the bathroom every 2 hours or so.

Energy level: It's been pretty good in the last week but I am still slowing down walking-wise.

Exercise: prenatal yoga; aqua aerobics; walking

Baby Movement: He's still moving a lot. My first kick count session was interesting. He did the required 10 kicks in less than 3minutes 30 seconds. In an hour he had done about 63 kicks. Kick counting is pretty tedious so I need to start integrating other activities while I do it (I have a feeling that I'll say the same about pumping in a few months...)

Thoughts and Feelings? I go back and forth between feeling ready for this pregnancy to be over and wanting more time to prepare for the next step. I am not 'loving' being pregnant but that is probably more of an anxiety thing and less physically based. I've spent a little time thinking about whether I would do this again and in that case would I enjoy it more since I would know the drill. I really don't know. In any case, I am going to really try to enjoy the rest of this trimester (a week to go!) and as much of the 3rd trimester as possible (sure, I say that now - we'll see what I'm saying in a month!!!)

What I am looking forward to: Massage and facial for the week 28 milestone - need to book October 24; starting to make the nursery look like we're going to have someone living in there; doing the maternity shots on October 28; setting up the registry (need to decide which stores - the online registry is live)

What am I reading / things I’m learning: Still reading 'The Baby Book' and planning to read the LLL book next. We have the LLL meeting about bring baby home on Saturday so that should flesh out what I've been reading in 'The Baby Book'. We also have the hospital tour on Saturday... that should freak me out adequately (thank goodness we're going to the SPCA Fair in between the two sessions)





2 comments:

Gurlee said...

Looking good! You are really getting close, a little over 2 months to go, wow!

Photogrl said...

You look beautiful!

And your smile just oozes happiness, too!

Not too much longer to go!