I've been awful with ICLW recently - I blame lack of energy and concentration. I am really going to try and make a better effort this month because I truly love ICLW and getting to know some amazing people! So lets kick it off with a revised ABCs of Me.
A- Artemis - my white cat who basically rules the house. She has taken to sleeping on or near to my stomach at night which sproglet seems to love (it's the purring). Also Aidan, my DH (love him!!!)
B - Bermuda - that's where I was born and was raised. I lived abroad for 7 years and I came to appreciate the Island more because of that. Also, Bronwyn - my tri-colour cavalier king charles spaniel.
C - Czech Republic - I truly believe that I would not be pg today if we did not go there last year for our (failed) IVF cycle. It set the ball rolling for me to have my fibroids removed, etc.
D - Dancing - I am a certified highland dancing teacher. Unfortunately, I have been banned from dancing since June.
E - Ego - If I ever had one, the whole IF thing trounced it. Unfortunately, my confidence went along with it... working on building that aspect back up.
F - Fibroids- I had 10 removed via a robotic laprascopic myomectomy last December. It appears they were a major cause of our IF.
G - Google - Over the last 3 years, I have done way too many searches, which wer probably directly correlated to my mood swings!
H - Happy - I never thought that I would have to work at being happy. I can honestly say that I am thankful for the smallest things give me the feeling of happiness since I know what the bottom of the barrel feels liks.
I - Ireland - one of my favorite places to visit. Plus, Aidan has citizenship (and we'll have to put in the paperwork for sproglet once he is born).
J - Job - over the last three years my job has changed dramatically. I now aim to work at a job that I enjoy. That was my goal out of college but it appears that I lost my way over the years.
K - Kindle - I love mine. I love lying in bed and reading comfortably. Sure, I still love my regular books but I believe there is room for both in my life!
L - Love - I've learned more about love through our IF journey than I had in the last 20-odd years of dating, etc. I am truly blessed!
M - Marisa - my name, and yes, I do like it even through people often pronounce it incorrectly (it is Ma-re-sa, not Ma-riss-sa). Also, Matthias, my black cat.
N - New York - I spent a lot of time there as a child since my grandparents lived there. It is now one of my favorite places to visit, particularly since I love Broadway (but I will admit, I love Boston even more...).
O - Overwhelmed - I have felt this way many times in the last few years. Being pg has been a new dimension to being overwhelmed thanks to fear, knowing too much, needing to prepare and wondering what the future will bring.
P - Prolactin - The other reason for our IF, this time on DH's side. We still haven't figured this out but have not focused on it for a while. Perhaps the urologist will be visited in the new year to get this sorted out before it gets any worse. Also, Ptolemy, our ruby cavalier king charles spaniel (he thinks he's a cat).
Q - Quick - I want to say we were quick to do something about our IF but now that I have a frame of reference from our IF support group, we probably could have been quicker (and more focused) on demanding treatment.
R - Running - In preparation for our IVF cycle, we ran to get into better shape. We eventually did a 1/2 marathon - we sucked but it was great to accomplish it together.
S - Sproglet - We're going to meet him in about 8 weeks, at which point, he becomes a sprog.
T - Tea - My favorite is Earl Grey. I like green and white teas as well but I will be honest, I got into them because of TTC (Earl Grey is way better in my estimation!)
U - Undo - While I truly do believe that I wouldn't change anything that has happened in my life because it has made me who I am today, if pressed there are some events that I would love to undo because of the fact that I can see that those were the points where I started to lose myself.
V - Vienna - I have been there twice and I can't wait to go again. One of these days, I'll make it to their Christmas Market!
W - Walking - I really enjoy it and hope to get back into it next year.
X - Xavier - Ptolemy's middle name (to round them out, Artemis' middle name is Penelope, Matthias' is Barnabas and Bronwyn's is Anastacia)
Y - Yawn - I do that a lot nowadays. I so wish I could have a decent night's sleep - perhaps that will happen next June if I play my cards right...
Z - Zodiac - I was born on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer. That makes for an interesting personality!
26 comments:
Wow! A half marathon is awesome! I am also impressed with all of your traveling. For a girl in Kentucky who has only left the US to visit a few Caribbean islands, you are an inspiration :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy! It will fly by.
ICLW #8
I'm impressed with your half marathon and traveling, too! I hate to break it to you, though ... you'll never sleep again. ;) In the best possible way, of course. Good luck heading into the last leg of this part of the journey!
I'm not doing it this month but thanks for the updated Marisa details!
What a great idea for ICLW!
Thanks for stopping by :)
stoping over from ICLW! congrats on your natural pregnancy! that's fantastic. thanks for swinging by my blog.
Really enjoyed reading your "ABC's of me"! So neat that you have traveled to all those places. Congrats on your pregnancy!! Hope everything continues to go smoothely for you:)
*ICLW*
I love the ABC's of me... you are for sure interesting! I can't wait to hear more about your journey. I may have to create my own ABC list.. thanks for the inspiration!
That's a great way to summarize your life for us ICLW visitor's! A half marathon would be a great way to get in shape. Best of luck on your waiting for your new and oh so exciting arrival!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Just tried to comment so I hope this doesn't show up twice! Love the ABC's... great way to summarize your life! Best of luck awaiting your new arrival! It must be a very exciting time for you!!
Thank you for checking out my blog too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and congrats on your little sproglet!
I like your list of things; what a great way to share a lot of information in a streamlined fashion!
Earl Grey Blue Flower is my favorite tea. :-)
And I'm impressed with the half marathon! It takes a lot of dedication to build up to run what has to seem like endless miles; I know that I always wimped out, oh, at mile two!
Congrats on the pregnancy! You look fantastic. I'm quite envious of your very round belly. Mine's still kinda.....lumpy but I'm hoping it will round out by the time I get my henna tattoo :)
I have a kitty named Mathias too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy ICLW!
Laurie
I enjoyed reading your ABCs! Happy ICLW! I hope that you are able to deliver your little sproglet on the island!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...You look wonderful!!! I cant wait to continue to follow you as you are a few weeks ahead of me...Best Wishes:)
Love these! So jealous of your European travels!! It's great that you did them before kids...now that I have them, not sure when I'll be able to go!?! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm pretty sure I may have asked this before but would you be willing to share your IF success story on my blog?? You're almost there! Stay hydrated and rested! Good luck! Happy ICLW! (#72 & 106)
Dear Marisa! Congratulations on being you, and making a home in the world for someone new! Yes, cusping on Cancer suggests making the home, the Moon, and "mother" very much the sacred focus in your life (this time around!)...TTYL, Carol
Wow! Lots in common (although not the pregnant thing--*yet*!). We not only have two cats and two dogs as well, but two Cavaliers--a Blenheim and a ruby (Winnie and Graham, respectively). Kittycats are Katrina and Hemingway, as long as I'm listing names. Thanks so much for your comment, and have a great last eight weeks!
Take care,
lady pumpkin
ICLW #23
I love your list! I totally relate to H.
The working on being happy instead of waiting for it to happen is very worth it to me !
That's great that you did a 1/2 marathon. I did one and it took me 4 HOURS to finish.. definitely wish that I had trained! I may have to steal your ABC's for next ICLW, its a cute idea :)
that was fun!! :)
ICLW
hello! thanks for stopping by!
congratulations on your pregnancy -- so exciting!
i love this list...and goodness, you have quite a lot of furbabies! :)
I loved reading this and knowing that we both love Broadway, NYC and Earl Gray Tea....
you are AWESOME!!!!
(thank you for stopping by my blog)
i love the abc's! i'm excited for you about your pregnancy. IF is definitely an ego-popper.
happy ICLW!
Thanks for stopping by...
I love the ABC's, what a great idea for ICLW intro!!
http://www.becauseofmatch.com/lesspublic
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope everything continues to go well with your little Sproglet. Happy ICLW!
Thank you for sharing all this info about yourself. Great idea. You are getting so close to meeting your little one!
And thank you for your sensitivity on FB. I'm sure many do appreciate it.
Post a Comment