I went to work today much calmer - it could have been the pumpkin spice pie last night or the oatmeal this morning. Either way, I was focused on my 3 milestones - 28 weeks in 9 days; 32 weeks in 1 month and 7 days and 36 weeks in 2 months and 5 days (granted, that date will change when I get the c/s date). I was feeling really good when I sat down at my desk. Then I received the shocking news - my co-worker's daughter, who is 32 weeks, water broke last night and she was going to have to deliver today.
Everyone who knew was worried. At 3pm they performed a c-section. So far mommy and baby are fine. The baby is over 4 lbs and so far is doing well. We all breathed a sigh of relief. Then my brain started moving at a million miles an hour. I will admit that a donut was used to keep me calm.
When Aidan picked me up after work I told him the news. I could see his brain working behind his eyes - 32 weeks is 5 weeks away for us. We want to get to that date because our doctor would be more 'comfortable' if we had to deliver here. Still,I desperately want to make it into December and Aidan agrees totally. We're visualizing a December delivery - we see ourselves holding sproglet in our home with Christmas Decorations - we're creating our reality and are going to make it come true (Sproglet, are you listening - cool out until December sweetheart!).
1 comment:
Hey lady, Thank you so much for the post cards that so lovingly grace my mail box. They always seem to arrive at just the right moment. They always make a bad day better. I would like to repay the kindness and send something for you baby. Where as I do have your mailing address, I was wondering if there were custom issues and things I couldn't include in the care package. you can send me an email butterflyanla6318@gmail.com
Post a Comment