13 October 2010

Week 27

Date/Week: October 13; week 27 (9 weeks (63 days) to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: -1.25lbs

Milestones: We're in the third trimester!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, it is a wonderful milestone to achieve and to still be at home. I am so very grateful and thankful to have made it to this point.

We've also taken the maternity ward tour - that certainly makes it feel more real to see the place where we're going to meet our son face to face!

Physical Progress: I think I had my first experience of sciatica on Saturday - it scared the crap out of me. 

Symptoms: feet cramps; soreness in the pelvic area and round ligament pain; nosebleeds; heartburn; mild siatica 

How do I feel about my body: I've been trying to find a sequined top for my maternity shots and it has made me really self-conscious about my boobs - they're huge compared to my frame. One size fits all does not fit them... I got a L/XL and it fits like a bandeau across my boobs and a regular tube top on the sides and from behind - very odd looking. I got upset (hormones) and started rethinking how to pull this off in 2 weeks...

Food cravings/aversions: dried apricots

Sleep: Crappy and sweaty

Energy level: Up and down - looking forward to yoga tonight because I need an energy boost.

Exercise: prenatal yoga; aqua aerobics; walking

Baby Movement: I have a boogying baby!!! At church on Sunday he would go crazy when the sining was taking place and then calm during the speaking parts. I'm still not enjoying the kick counts but he is kicking - averaging 60 kicks in an hour.

Thoughts and Feelings? I've been freaking out this past week. Between hospital anxiety and early delivery anxiety - and then overseas delivery anxiety (decreasing) and not being home for Christmas anxiety (I'm such a baby) - my brain has been working overtime. I am trying to stay calm, get through each day (and each week). I am praying hard that we don't meet sproglet until December!

What I am looking forward to: Theatre tonight to celebrate making it to the 3rd trimester; Massage and facial for the week 28 milestone - still need to book October 24; doing the maternity shots on October 28; setting up the registry (need to decide which stores - the online registry is live); working towards milestone #3!!!

What am I reading / things I’m learning: Babywearing will be a great resource; the private room in the maternity ward is available on a first come, first served basis upon request (we are so requesting it when we get to the hospital on eviction day).




And the outfit that he'll wear home...



6 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy third trimester!!!!! You look amazing.

Fran said...

Well...I know people may tell you this already, but you do look great! I know you perceive your boobs as huge but they are not that enormous at all and I really mean it you look stunning! Wooooh for the 3rd trimester goal! Still 10 days to go for me! Love Fran

Gurlee said...

Wow, the third trimester already! Congratulations!! You do look great. I had to laugh at the comment about sleep.

JJ said...

Happy 3rd trimester--cant believe how fast time flies! You look GREAT!

Lainey-Paney said...

Happy 3rd trimester!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awww look at that cute little belly!!! You are so radiant!! Congrats on the 3rd trimester! I am so looking forward to seeing your little guy in just a few weeks!! Hugs!!