26 October 2010

Week 29

Date/Week: October 27; week 29 (8 weeks (56 days) to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: +3 (+22 lbs total)

Milestones: [B] Set-up the local shower registries. I also ha my milestone #2 treat - an afternoon at the spa. The reiki was amazing. I have a feeling that I'll be doing the massage/reiki for milestone #4. Finally, it appears we have a c-section date - December 22nd. Now we can focus on working towards that goal - plus we get to order our Christmas Tree now that we have a date!

Physical Progress: I'm still 'neat' even as the belly gets larger... 

Symptoms: feet and calf cramps; soreness in the pelvic area ; dry nose and nosebleeds; heartburn; mild siatica; nausea; leakage from the bbs and even more the regions below (I swear, I should buy stock in pantiliners...)

How do I feel about my body: I go back and forth between being in awe over the movements that I am feeling and frustration over my physical limitations and the pain. I often wonder what normal feels like. I also wonder if I will forget what it feels like to have someone moving inside of you.

Food cravings/aversions: cheese and crackers 


Sleep: between being kicked, having the white cat sleeping on me and running to the loo many times a night, I miss what it feels like to have a proper night's sleep. I would love to sleep in and actually sleep and feel rested at the end of it.

Energy level: I have energy for maybe 1/2 of the day. If I don't rest, I feel like I am falling apart. Weekends are tough because I am used to just going and going until everything is done and at the moment I can't do that.

Exercise: prenatal yoga; highland dancing I'm not jumping - really!); walking

Baby Movement: In addition to the kicking, he is also moving about and pushing his body parts out all over the place. Sometimes it startles me and sometimes it even tickles. When I am at work it is weird to feel so much movement while I am sitting still. Aidan is enjoying feeling the movement.

Thoughts and Feelings? I'm happy to have a c-section date but I am a little disappointed that I'll probably be in the hospital for Christmas. Aidan and I have discussed it and we know we'll make the best of it. Ultimately, it is the best Christmas present that anyone could have given us and we're just grateful to be experiencing this at such an amazing time of the year. And yes, the Christmas Season kicks off in our house after Guy Fawkes (Nov 5th) this year - and I plan to enjoy every second of it!

What I am looking forward to: doing the maternity shots with Aidan on October 28; baby shower on Nov 6; 4 holiday events between Nov 13 and Dec 9th (I have 3 dresses and they all look pretty good thus far); working towards milestone #3 (Nov 17) and #4 (Dec 15)!!!

What am I reading / things I’m learning: Reading about the oGTT since I have to take it on Oct 28th. I need to learn how to do the front wrap cross carry (fwcc) for my Didymos woven wrap and how to tie the knot on the rebozo.







7 comments:

..al said...

Gorgeous belly pic!

Good luck for the C-Section, and yet it would be the best Christmas gift really!


http://ovulationticker.blogspot.com

Nick and Kristi said...

Awesome Belly Pic:) How real is it now that you have a date set:) and the way the registry works is very interesting but would save people time from hunting down all the items

Fran said...

Fantastic! You know I have the same problem with the sleeping at night...between the cats, the peeing and the thirst (are you thirsty too?) i feel I am not really sleeping at all, yet Mike says I'm snoring a lot (never did before)!!
You are nearly there pet, don't think too much about the Christmas in the hospital, they may send you home if you feel well enough after the section. And remember to update me on your whereabouts!

Unknown said...

You look amazing!
Yay that you got a date! you're almost there!!!

www.becauseofmatch.com/lesspublic

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

You look GREAT!!!

Rotten said...

Funny, but you do forget what it feels like to have someone kicking you from the inside. It's one of those memories you wish you could just put in a memory vault and recall when you want. I remember that feeling of wanting my body back and wanting to feel like a normal woman again. Hoping after this pregnancy I will finally get that feeling back. :) You are really active so I don't see that being any issue for you once you are allowed to resume normal activity.

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awww look at that belly!!! You are such a beautiful pregnant lady!! :o) I am so freaking excited for you and Aiden that I could bust... in fact, there may be something headed your way in the mail here very shortly... MAYBE!!! Enjoy the kicks, you do forget sadly enough.

Hugs and Love,
Erica