22 August 2010

Where did the week go?

Wow - the week has flown! Aidan just flew out to Toronto for business meetings for the week so I am home alone. Actually, I am the single mom of 4 furbabies!!! Ptomely is a little sick so I am in the process of boiling chicken and rice for him. I am also starting on making soups and stews for Dec/Jan to freeze so we won't have to worry about food once sproglet gets here.

We've started the search for a name. We've narrowed the first name down to two Gaelic names. We're having a bit of a problem with one. Since we intend to use 'Klaus' as the middle name, one name starts with a 'C' and the sound clashes a bit. We're considering a second name to go before 'Klaus' but nothing is resonating with me - and Aidan won't take my suggestion of the name 'Tiberius' seriously... 

I have a week and 2 days before our level 2 scan and then on Sept 2 we'll find out what the c-section date will be. I'm excited and nervous. Time has flown and there is so much to do. Plus, we'll have to prepare for Christmas before the surgery - much like we did last year. Needless to say, I will be reviewing my 2010 Christmas purchases and my card list soon... and I think I need to throw in a few prenatal massages for good measure!

Other than that, Aidan is going to concentrate on renovating the apartment in the coming months. Having the apartment unrented really has made us realise the cushion it has provided. Sure, we're still doing ok (plus, I just went fulltime with my govt client in order to get mat leave and vacation in the new year) but it was nice to know that we had that extra income for emergencies. With the house pretty sorted for sproglet and the major items purchased, he can concentrate on the renovation while I do preparations here. I am so hopeful that the apartment will be rented in January.

2 comments:

erika said...

Time is flying so fast!
I am excited about hearing the LO's name, soon!
And yay! for having the big scan already in a little over a week.

I was just thinking about you. We are leaving to Budapest in 2 days. Eek!

Kir said...

it sounds like your organizing (of which I am truly jealous) is paying off, you are ready!!!!

thinking of you..and hoping that things go smoothly, I can't wait for the big scan and then hear the names. :)

Have a great week!!!