09 August 2010

Sorting out the house 2.0

We had a weekend where we got a lot done. On Saturday we had the yard sale. We got rid of a few things and will probably have another yard sale this coming Saturday. Then I guess we'll donate or throw away whatever is left. Saturday was hot - so much for Tropical Storm Colin (the storm that never came...). I ended up sleeping for most of the afternoon and then Aidan took me out for a curry that evening.


Sunday was kitchen cupboard day. We only did half of the kitchen - organising was a pita once the cupboards were emptied and cleaned. I'm hoping to finish the rest tomorrow after work. We're sorting out the area under the stairs and my roll top desk tonight. Then I think Aidan has to clean off the clavichord and changing table (he has junk on it) and there are a few things in the office that need to be sorted and put away. I'm hoping to be able to do some patch painting before we fly - particularly since the furniture we purchased 2nd hand will be coming into our house starting on Saturday...

Granted, Aidan still needs to sort out the basement and then the renovations to the apartment still have to happen... we're going to have a busy fall! I think I'll start cooking up fall meals to freese (and clear out the freezer in the meantime) while Aidan is working on the apartment.

No comments: