25 August 2010

Week 20

Date/Week: August 25; week 20 (17 weeks to C/S)

Total weight gain/loss: ?

Milestones: Half-baked!!! Sure, I am more than halfway there thanks to the scheduled c-section but it is an amazing milestone to reach for us!!!

Physical Progress: Even when I do abdominal exercises (elevators), my belly size doesn't change much anymore - I guess my baby belly is truly settled in!

Symptoms: some feet and leg cramps. Heartburn!!!

How do I feel about my body: I have my moments. I look and feel better in fitted clothing - I look huge in those maternity empire tops but then I put on a maternity t-shirt and look ok. Additionally, my belly has become a magnet for people to touch. I try to keep the look of horror off of my face. It is getting a bit easier to deal with but it is just the strangest thing for people to do to me!!!

Food cravings/aversions: Glazed donut; soup

Sleep: I am currently a single mom to 4 furbabies while Aidan is in Toronto. I am up at least three times every night to let someone in or out. I can't seem to do this in zombie mode so I suffer between 9.30 and 11.30am. I do feel better in the afternoon though. I can't wait to catch up on my sleep this weekend!

Energy level: I am parking and walking to and from work while Aidan is away and it is a hike (there are a lot of hills). In this humidity it drains me. However, I have quite a bit of energy at night so my to-do list is getting sorted beautifully.

Exercise: Walking and some pilates.

Baby Movement: He definitely likes to move!! He likes it when the cat purrs next to my stomach as well.

Thoughts and Feelings? I took inventory of all of the baby related stuff that we've purchased or have been given since 2007 last night. It was supposed to be in preparation for developing a shower registry. It did make me a little sad because I saw our journey towards sproglet in the corner of one room. Yes, knowing that sproglet is growing strong is a happy feeling but the infertility experience was not a good one and I am still working to put some aspects of my life back together. 

Anyhow, we have a good cloth diaper stash and some nice g-pants, grobaby shells and bumgenius 3.0 diapers. I hope we'll do well cloth diapering. I need to wash everything but I'll wait until the fall to start doing that.

What I am looking forward to: Seeing sproglet again on August 31st and seeing my OB on Sept 2nd to book the new c/s date. I am also looking forward to the baby shower (whenever that happens) for the advice that will come with it. I think I want to capture the advice creatively - in a scrapbook or something. Oh - and I am looking forward to Christmas in 4 months!!!

What am I reading / things I’m learning: Since the purchase of the Stokke Xplory, we've been watching youtube demonstrations on how to use it. My goodness, it is amazing. I am officially a Stokke geek - after Aidan, of course!



4 comments:

Amanda said...

For the shower my husband's job threw from me (well, his co-workers' wives) they each wrote down their best advice on a card and tucked it in with the gift. Actually only a few did it, but I loved the idea!

That buggy looks amazing!!! I love how it put your little one up so much closer to you!!! I can't imagine how much better this is on your back, and allows them to see so much more. I LOVE it! I'd be pretty enthralled with it, too!

CONGRATULATIONS ON 20 WEEKS!!!

Gurlee said...

So happy he is "half-baked"! It is great that things are going so smoothly. Let's see some more pics!!

daega99 said...

This week's picture is coming. Aidan has the laptop that I use to upload pics in Canada with him so I can do it when he gets home. I have managed to put pictures up going back to week 4 in the interim!

Kir said...

CONGRATULATIONS on 20 weeks, :)

I love how good you sound and I am sure you look beautiful!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast time is going...:)