12 August 2010

Week 18

Date/Week: August 12; week 18

Total weight gain/loss: will find out on Monday...

Milestones: Feeling movement more consistently!!!

Physical Progress: My belly is looking more like a pregnant belly and less like pudge. I look sorta pregnant in the morning and very pregnant at night. Unfortunately, I think I am going to have abdominal separation/diastasis recti - I'm going to have to work on fixing that when the pregnancy is over.

Symptoms: I hardly every have nausea anymore (yay!). I still get tired easily but my energy level is much better. I am leveraging this to get the house in order!

How do I feel about my body: I can thank the belly for helping me to get more comfortable with 'looking pregnant'. Strangely enough, wearing some maternity shirts do make me feel uncomfortable because they make me look bigger than I actually am (and I get the question "So are you due next month"). When I wear other shirts though, some people think I'mm small for where I am in the pregnancy. So either way, I'mm settling into the image of 'Pregnant Woman'. Plus, a bigger belly makes my boobs look smaller... 

Food cravings/aversions: hummus and tomato on toast...

Sleep: I dream so much that sometimes I don't feel like I've had any sleep. I nap a lot on weekends and it's often after that when I feel rested

Energy level: More consistent but my allergies are dragging me down a bit. 

Exercise: I've been sweating through housework this week and having a few walks. I am back to water aerobics during week 19

Baby Movement: Sproglet is dancing in there already. I think I'll be in trouble when the fluttering turns into punches and kicks!

Thoughts and Feelings? We meet with the high risk OB on Monday. We're going to try to find out what it will take to be able to stay here to deliver and then explore the other options. I have finally (mentally) let go of the thought of our annual September vacation... I'm still sad but if I end up in Boston I need as much vacation time under my belt as a contingency...

What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender either in Boston or at our 2nd Tri Anatomy Scan on Aug 31

What am I reading / things I’m learning: I've been putting together my list of questions for the doctor for next week... I'm calmer because we're prepared!



5 comments:

Gurlee said...

Sounds like you are having a pretty easy pregnancy thus far, unless you are good about not complaining! Good for you! If your not too shy you should post some belly pics. I would love to see them.

daega99 said...

It has been pretty good thus far, except for my blood pressure creeping up and the possibility of having to move to Boston for 4 months. I pray that it continues to be uneventful!

I'm trying to find a slideshow or something for belly pictures. I don't have a picture editor to put them together and I have to find the time to go through Blogger's gadgets. I'll get them up eventually. I warn you, they're not attractive...

Kir said...

I'm so glad things are going well...you sound like a very happy Pregnant lady and a beautiful one at that.

Good luck with all the STUFF that will be happening in the next few weeks. :)

erika said...

I am so very happy to see your updates and that everything is going so well with you. I am hoping your blood pressure will stay in control, and the OB will keep an eye on it.
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Our IVF vacation is set on the 24th. Here we come, Budapest!

I am with Gurlee ... show us some pics!;)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates. Thanks for posting them.