04 August 2010

Apartment Hunting...

I started contacting potential short-term rental places in Boston, Brookline and Brighton yesterday. I can't believe that many places are booked already. The one place we had been looking at on Tremont Street has one room after Oct 18th so that's a possibility (approx $75 a day).


If I can make it to November before moving (fingers crossed and many prayers for this...) I have a few great options. I have found a place that is a 10 minute walk to the hospital that seems nice (approx $75 a day). My favorite place is on the Brookline/Brighton border and I'd be able to take the bus to the Hospital ($65 a day). The last one on my shortlist is in Back Bay on Beacon Street, a 10 minute walk from Hynes Convention Center and the largest of all of the apartments ($82 a night).

In any case, I'm still looking. I also need to update my list of questions for the doctor and the coordinator while we're out there. I would need to know what we will need to do to come back home if everything goes smoothly. I know we will have to do immigration paperwork both here and in the US but I don't know if the US would require us to stay for a particular period of time. Thankfully, most of these places can do a monthly rental until April (if needed).

5 comments:

Sally said...

As always, I am in awe of your forethought for everything that will be involved for your successful pg and bringing your little one home. I continue to keep you in my prayers that all will go smoothly.

Rotten said...

I am out of the loop, but would it be too forward to ask why you are delivering in Boston? I know the hospital is probably far superior to the one in Bermuda (hell, I was born in the one in Bermuda) but I was just curious.

daega99 said...

I have polycystic kidney disease, high blood pressure and a frankenstein uterus from the fibroid removal. If anything happens before week 30 the hospital here can't handle me. Since I have to see a high-risk ob (we don't have one here at the moment), my regular OB believes that they might prefer to have me out there than here in the long-run. I'm hoping though that the doctor in Boston will try to keep me home.

Kir said...

you are sooo organized and I am sooo jealous!!! I know that all these plans will be worth it, plus Boston is seriously one of my very favorite cities ..what a great place to start your family!!!!

Rotten said...

Thanks for filling me in. Good luck with your search in Boston and of course, I hope that you have the most boring and uneventful pregnancy and end up simply enjoying Boston before you give birth instead of seeing it from the window of a hospital room. :)