Today was our second ultrasound. Between last night and this afternoon I worked myself into such a frenzy. I couldn't sleep last night... I was having crazy dreams... I've just been a mess!
Well, sproglet was fine - actually better than fine and measuring at 8w 4d. Aidan said that it was like looking at a little finger puppet on the u/s screen. I was so relieved to see such a strong heartbeat. Both of us visibly relaxed when we saw that. The rest of the visit was smooth sailing once our anxiety was relieved (mine in particular).
So all is well and my first 'real' OB visit will take place on Wednesday, June 9. Due to my high blood pressure and the meds they have me on, I have to have more frequent ultrasounds going forward because they have to keep an eye on the fluid around the baby. Other than that, on Wednesday we'll be discussing options related to my high risk status and having to possibly go overseas. We'll also get the forms for all of the blood tests and we'll discuss other tests that they recommend since I am 35+.
It's all pretty straightforward and I've already started reading up on some of the things the OB mentioned. I actually left the office with a clear head for the first time today!
4 comments:
So happy to know all is going well with little sproglet!
Excellent, let us know what you learn along the way!
I'm so happy that everything looked perfect!
Grow, sproglet, grow!
Glad sproglet is doing well!!
Post a Comment