Hi Everyone!
I'm late with ICLW this month. We've just come back from a short vacation that was originally supposed to be an IVF consult in Budapest. It was a really quick trip and not as relaxing as a normal vacation. Still, I am so happy that we were able to get away for a little bit.
I've been trying to figure out what to do this month. I've decided to share 6 of my favorite movies. Please excuse the randomness of the eras... that's just me!
Singing in the Rain - This movie is the first one that I would pull out when I was missing home when I was at college. It is my all time favorite musical and my introduction to the wonderful talent, Gene Kelly. I still pull it out often and yes, I pretty much know the entire movie by heart.
Funny Face - It is perhaps my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie and Fred Astaire was a lot of fun in it. The scene with her walking down the stairs in the red dress always makes me smile!
Star Wars Episode IV - Another movie that I know by heart. If it comes on tv, I have to watch it (then I pull out the DVDs for the next two movies). When I hear the 20th Century Fox opening theme I always expect to hear the Star Wars theme follow it.
Dirty Dancing - the summer this movie came out I was on the cusp of becoming a teenager, spending the summer at my grandmother's in Brooklyn, NY. No one would take me to see it. My dad purchased the video tape for me and I watched it the first time with my parents. We all enjoyed it for different reasons. I then became tryly addicted (until my obsession with 'The Phantom of the Opera' began a bit later that year). I knew most of the dance steps and all of the dialogue. When I got to see the stage production in London on Monday evening for my birthday, I was probably too critical of the differences - particularly with the leading man. Still, it's a great story and it was fun to see it on stage!
Thunderball - I love James Bond (Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan, in particular). I could put down 'Live and Let Die' or 'Goldfinger' or 'Moonraker' or 'Die Another Day' as movies I have watched many times but my favorite is 'Thunderball'. I remember watching it on Sunday afternoons, lying on the carpet in my parent's living room. I thought Domino was beautiful and I wanted to one day make love underwater, thanks to this movie... ;)
Some Like It Hot - This movie still cracks me up. Tony Curtis' Cary Grant impersonation is nuts and Jack Lemmon's tango was too silly. This was the first Marilyn Monroe movie I had even seen and I wanted to sing like her for weeks afterwards. I think I purchased this for my birthday two years ago because it is guaranted to make me laugh.
This was tough as there are so many other movies that I love! I may have to do a part two at another time.
16 comments:
Dirty Dancing is awesome! I love that movie and I can still remember the first time I saw it - we rented it for a sleepover about a year after it came out. Patrick Swayze was to die for!
Happy ICLW to you too! Delighted you enjoyed the trip! Love, Fran
I am a huge Dirty Dancing fan. I love that movie!
I am so glad you enjoyed your trip, and congrats on your pregnancy!
ICLW
Happy ICLW and congrats on the pregnancy! Also, thanks for visiting my blog!
I am sad to say that I have not seen most of the movies on your list - at least not for a while. I will have to check them out sometime.
Happy ICLW! Nice list ! I loved Funny Face.
HI HAPPY ICLW...I put you on my blogroll because you love broadway and Dirty Dancing (oh and your nice too)
congrats on all your news...and looking forward to getting to know you better. :)
Happy ICLW, enjoy the week. Some Like It Hot remains one of the all time favorites for me too. Good humor! And Dirty Dancing remains a dance classic for me.
Five of these films are in my mental favourites list too - and "Funny Face" I haven't seen! I shall put it to the top of my 'must watch' list right away. Do you like "High Society"? That's another one I love.
I love High Society and the movie/play that it is based on, The Philadelphia Story!!!
I just recently saw Singing in the Rain for the first time, and I loved it! Gene Kelly is (was?) pretty much amazing. I love the old musicals, and I'm a TCM fanatic.
Hope you were at least able to have a good time on your vacation! But sometimes getting out of town is all it takes to de-stress a little.
Happy ICLW!
You have wonderful taste in movies!
Hi from That's my Answer, BTW.
I love this post. You have great taste in movies. I might have to steal this idea. Ahhh- Dirty Dancing. Sounds like we are the same age. Such a classic and oh that Patrick.Swayze.
Thanks for sharing your favorite movies! I love hearing about what others are interested in to expand my list!
Dirty Dancing is a FANTASTIC movie. I've watched it a million times and I could watch it a million more.
Sounds like you had a great trip.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ICLW #131
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You do have excellent taste in movies. One of my favorites is "Waking Ned Devine". If you haven't seen it you should - so so funny!
ILCW
Happy (late) ICLW and thanks for stopping by my blog! Congratulations on pregnancy! Wishing you all the best.
Post a Comment