14 June 2010

Another Test

This past weekend, in addition to having my cousin stay over and the myriad of shows that Aidan had to perform in, I had to do my 24 hour urine collection. I'm an old pro at this test. I do it every other year for my nephrologist so I knew I'd need more than one collection container and the protocol for collection, etc. What I didn't plan for is the number of times that I now go to the loo.

First collection (that you discard) was at 4.20am on Sunday. Yes, that's a regular hour that I've been seeing for a few weeks now. I stayed home from church because I thought about how often I go in the morning - and I was right! The afternoon became the tricky bit. My cousin wanted to go to the beach... so I packed the empty container, an ice pack, a cooler bag and we were off. Thanks to the sun, salt and sea she ended up not wanting to stay for long so I was ok for that period and the rest of the afternoon.

We had to take my cousin back to my parent's house that evening since she's flying back to the US today. I didn't take the container because I was on my second by then. Soooo stupid. I wanted to get back home (45 minute drive) but my parents wanted to catch up. Finally, the Tony Awards began, they were distracted and Aidan and I escaped. In any case, collection finished at 4am this morning... I hope the test results are good. I won't know until July 1 (after the NT scan). At least there's a vacation in between.....

1 comment:

Wifey said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! Aren't the 24-hour urine collections oh so much fun? I wish you all the best on your journey!

ICLW #s 143 and 144