Aidan and I are so looking forward to getting on British Airways on Wednesday evening. We're so ready for a vacation. We've had such a busy week and are having a busier weekend but we know this time next week we'll be relaxing sans dogs, cats, bands, dancers, interns, work or chores. We're ready to live in a hotel for a few days!
Yesterday was crazy for me. I had meant to catch the ferry in to work but I was running late so Aidan drove me in. Thankfully, traffic wasn't too bad thanks to people taking the day off to see the first World Cup games. The interns were having a networking breakfast, followed by their exam and then their second round of presentations for me. Needless to say, we ended up running behind once we got to the presentations so lunch and their final presentation of the day in my office was a little rushed. We then had to go to the hospital for a tour. It was pretty good. Translation: I survived without passing out. Sure, they got to see a severed leg in pathology but I stayed out of the room when they did that. Even though it was a pleasant tour, I was happy to get out of there a little early and back to my office for Aidan to pick me up. We then had a performance that I got to coordinate the dancers for since I was the only one not dancing. It didn't suck as much as I thought it would.
Today, Aidan had to play for the Queen's Birthday Parade. My cousin and I went out for breakfast and then did some shopping while we waited for the parade to start. It was a warm morning so we ensured that we were in the shade. It was quite enjoyable to watch, as usual. Afterwards, we ran errands, got some lunch and then ate it at a nature reserve. Aidan is now off to Government House to play for the Queen's Birthday Cocktail Party while I'm at home watching England vs. USA.
As for vacation prep, I purchased a Rick Steves book on Budapest today. Apparently, the hotel that we're staying at also sent Aidan an email on Friday with information on what will be going on in the city when we're there. Aidan's printed out all of our documentation for hotels, shows, etc and we now need to start packing. Wednesday can't come fast enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment