09 June 2010

1st Appointment

Today was our first OB appointment. We've seen our OB so many times since March in preparation for the Post-Fibroid Removal check-ups and the IVF consult preparations that it was seemed odd for it to be a first visit. Thankfully, since we had so many tests done for the IVF consult that I had to do half the tests today that were required for intake. That was great because I hate needles!

My weight and bloodpressure were ok. Aidan calculated my weight for me since at home I weigh myself after going to the bathroom and before breakfast while naked. When he added in clothing, food & drink and the weight discrepancy since the scale wasn't balanced at zero, I was ok with the weight gain. We've decided to use the office scale going forward to track my weight gain though since it is such a difference. My bloodpressure was borderline this morning but still ok. Once we did the physical, we scheduled the NT Scan for June 30th and the next appointment for July 1st. We also scheduled the c-section date for January 12th but the doctor doubts that we'll make it to that date.

Before leaving the doctor told me to sign up for a prenatal class and gave me some advice for our trip next week (wear flight socks, get a seat on the aisle in order to get up easily, get up and walk every hour, drink lots of water). Unfortunately, he has also requested that I stop highland dancing... oh well, I knew that was coming!

It was then over to the hospital for the blood tests and my second urine test of the morning (I can pee on cue at the moment!). It wasn't as bad as in the past. The needle was still a pain but the blood flowed quite well. I also need to do a 24 hour urine test this weekend since they need a baseline to monitor me against.

All in all, I feel so organized at the moment. Sure, I still need to get a high risk OB referral from Brigham and Women's approved by my insurance but that shouldn't be a problem at all. Signing up for the prenatal class should be pretty easy too. I then also need to register for prenatal yoga when it starts again in September but I have a lot of time to do that!

3 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

So glad you had a good appointment!

Sounds like things are going really well. And that's great news!

Sally said...

I love reading your updates and hearing about how things are going for you!

Photogrl said...

Yay for a great appointment!

Sorry you have to stop the highland dancing...but at least you can still walk.

The 30th will be here before you know it!