Talk about a whirlwind day. I barely slept last night because I was pretty nervous about today's appointment. We woke up pretty early, had breakfast in the lobby and boarded the free hotel shuttle to the hospital. There, we checked in at the international office. I received my patient card and we were walked up to the Center for Reproductive Medicine. There I filled out forms, was weighed and measured and then waited with all of the other couples.
We were finally called back and met the doctor. She was lovely - very thorough. We reviewed the records my doctor sent her and then I gave her the copies of everything we had. We reviewed the MRI scans and also reviewed the last IVF cycle. Her thoughts were beneficial to my peace of mind. I have at least 5 large fibroids - three are between 5-7.5 cm and 2 are between 2-3 cm. There are also smaller ones that she'll review in preparation for the surgery. 2 of the fibroids (the 5cm intermural one and the 7.5cm subserosal one) and possibly the two smaller ones probably have been adversely affecting my fertility. She believes we had an excellent IVF cycle and was happy with the fertility report and said we probably would have been successful without the fibroids. She said that she understands why I had to go through a cycle to get the referral and thinks that the information will be useful for cycle 2. I then had and exam to see if I can have the robotic surgery and thankfully I passed!
So, I have to fly back to Boston on Dec 7, have surgery on Dec 9 (with an overnight stay) and fly back home on Dec16. I will not be allowed to drive for 3 weeks, dance for a few months and TTC for 6 months after surgery. When we got back to the hotel, we booked the Sheraton Boston for December. Just need to book Delta.
Boy, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders...
2 comments:
I'm so glad it went well, and you have a plan in place to get those big guys out! Enjoy the rest of your visit in Boston!
I'm glad you had a good appt with your doctor and she seems to be positive about the outcome: I'm thinking about.
Post a Comment