Yeah, the sore throat went into my head last night. Now I have a runny nose, stuffed up head and sneezing along with a cough and sore throat. At the moment I'm using Olbas Oil because I cannot afford to be drowsy at a meeting this afternoon and the pharmacy nearby does not have the meds I can take. So I just want to go to this meeting and then go home and crash. Granted, I have a ton of work to do after the meeting to be prepared for tomorrow morning's 8.30am meeting.... I hope I start feeling a bit better for some date night activities tonight (I think we were going to play some wii Sports Resort - I'm the frisbee queen!)
So many things to do before tomorrow (when we pretty much move into the hotel until Tuesday)Top on my list - I need to order our Christmas tree and pay for delivery for just after American Thanksgiving. I need to have it decorated before we leave for Boston. I also need to send out volunteer emails for the Panto tonight because I won't have time to deal with that this weekend. And I really need to pay some bills since Nov 1st is on Sunday...
My mom is doing well. She should get out of the hospital today or tomorrow. I fedexed her a package with some Doctor Who books in it. I might send some more to her via Amazon. She's in such good spirits which makes me really happy. Kidney failure is a catch-22 really. It's great that there is dialysis to keep you alive but it really does a number on your quality of life. I remember when my mom was just about to go back on dialysis and she was grateful that she's have a rest from the anti rejection drugs that gave her awful side effects like diabetes, etc. I'd have to say though that in the last two years, she was really down about the dialysis and missed being able to do things (like travel on the spur of the moment to see my brother and the kids, etc). She's already talking about spending more time travelling to see the grandkids in Fl - it makes me so happy to see her this excited.
Gotta run - need to buy a few things for this weekend before my 3pm meeting.
4 comments:
I'm glad to hear your mom is feeling so good. My best friend has kidney disease (her kidneys are at 50% functioning right now) and she is terrified of dialysis. It's so wonderful that your mom and your family have so much to look forward to. (although I'm sorry about your cold - hope you are on the mend soon!)
I hope you feel better soon!
((HUGS))
Hope you are feeling better!!
I hope that you are feeling better now!!
Post a Comment