22 October 2009

I Am So Thankful...

Yesterday morning I got a call from my mom. She was crying like mad and I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I was afraid that something had happened to my dad or brother. Then she said she had to fly out that morning and that they had found a kidney for her. She was crying out of happiness and relief. She's been on the transplant list for 4 years and she got that absolutely amazing call!

So she flew out around lunchtime and the surgery took place yesterday afternoon/evening. They called my dad after midnight to say that all went well and that she was in recovery. My dad is flying up to Boston on Friday because they couldn't get him out with her yesterday. My brother will be going up from Florida. I have to hold the fort...

I was a basket case yesterday. I am now a bit calmer but still a bit crazed in need of more info. I am so thankful that she is ok and that someone's loved one will be able to live on through my mom. Thanks for the prayers and wonderful throughts. I truly appreciate them.

I may have to play catch-up on ICLW because I'm not really concentrating very well at the moment....

12 comments:

C said...

What a wonderful thing!! I'm so happy for both you, your mom, and your family!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I am so happy for your Mom! I have a good friend who has polycystic kidney disease and had her kidney transplant 5 or 6 years ago and is doing great!

What a blessing!

Pie said...

What a blessing that she was matched, and everything went so smoothly. I hope she has a speedy recovery and you are ok having to watch some of it from afar.

Photogrl said...

What an awesome blessing!

romancing_the_stone said...

I think your post is absolutely wonderful and it really brought me to tears. Mothers are such an important part of our journey, aren't they! I wish you so much happiness and success. Michele http://romancingthestone.wordpress.com

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

I am so happy that your Mom got this blessing, and I wish her a fast recovery!!!

Hugs,
Rebel

Lynn said...

I'm so pleased for your mom! That's wonderful news! I pray she has a speedy recovery and that you get some more news very soon.

~ICLW~

Jessica White said...

What wonderful news that your mom is getting the transplant...I'll be thinking about her and you guys!

AmandaM said...

How amazing! I hope everything goes very smoothly for her!

*ICLW

Kim said...

wow that's great news for your mom!!!!

JJ said...

I was so happy to see your tweet about your mom! Been thinking of you all!!

April said...

That's wonderful! I'm glad everything went well and I hope she recovers quickly!

ICLW