23 October 2009

Vacation please....

It seems that there is no such thing as a slow time in my life. The summer was supposed to be slow and I ended up managing working on multiple projects that had me doing 18 hour days. IVF #1 was done while I was on vacation but it definitely wasn't our regular type of vacation where I felt refreshed afterwards (still, it was better than if I had to do the cycle while working). Last night was the opening night of the Bermuda Tattoo, made all the more stressful because work is nuts due to the Int'l summit we're putting on next week and keeping up with my mom's progress. I just need a vacation where I can do nothing but vegetate!

My mom is doing well and is so overjoyed to have been blessed this way. She will probably be in Boston for 3-4 weeks. I am so happy that her quality of life will improve. Sure, we proved this summer that it is possible to have a lovely vacation and undergo dialysis treatments but having to be attached to a machine for 4 hours 3 times a week is tough. I pray that I will not progress to that stage... Still, my mom is an inspiration to me and I am so happy for her.

As for everything else, I am waiting for AF. I think I will do a detox afterwards to get back to normal before surgery. We've sent our paperwork to Norway and got some positive feedback - it looks like we will give them a go next year. With that out of the way, I want to just get back into proper eating and exercise and getting ready for the holiday season (Christmas Card Making Party on Nov 7th!).

1 comment:

WannabeMommy said...

Oh, how wonderful for your mom and family that's she's doing so well! I'm sending you good vibes for a speedy recovery for her.

have a wonderful ICLW!