It's been a whirlwind weekend and a busy day but I am home (can't wait to kit my tempurpedic mattress tonight!). I had such a great time in Boston. Sure, my next trip back won't be as fun, and I'll definitely be more nervous. Still, it will be good to be in a familiar place for the surgery and early recovery.
While we both felt more like our old selves for most of the weekend as we met up with good friends and old friends, there are so many other memories that Boston has for us. We celebrated our first anniversary in Boston and it also marked the end of our 'test cycle'. We literally bought out Walgreens, stocking up on ovulation and pregnancy tests. At the airport I remember purchasing Fit Pregnancy and we read it together once we got home. 6 months later we were back in Boston to participate in the St. Patrick's Day parade. It was the time when I was going through an apparent chemical pregnancy. It was also the first indication of what would eventually be diagnosed as a fibroid 3 months later because I spotted for 5 days after the end of my period. And now Boston will figure into another major phase of our journey as we have the fibroids removed and will probably see us many times once we're pregnant since I'll be high risk and we currently have no high risks OBs here.
So the ride home was full of reflection and forward thought. And now, I'm feeling mellow again. I can't wait to get into the next two months of activities (I say that now...). Sometimes weekend getaways are the best!!!
2 comments:
Glad you guys are home safe and sound...enjoy your bed!
Yay for being home and sleeping in your OWN bed!
Hopefully, the next trip to Boston will pave the way to your sticky BFP! The next 2 months are going to fly by!
Post a Comment