07 October 2009

Visit to Yet Another Doctor....

I continued my doctor-filled life today by visiting my nephrologist. I really like my nephrologist. He's a very straightforward kind of guy who actually explains what things mean and he actually points me towards other resources for information. I guess he's the perfect doctor to have when what you're being treated for is so important to your quality of life. I mean, he's not my buddy but I can talk to him about what is going on medically and get good advice... KWIM.

Anyhow, I had a good weigh-in (my weight has finally stabilized, I hope) but my blood pressure was up. That wasn't a surprise though because of the stress of the cycle, fibroids, etc. We got the important stuff out of the way next. My kidney function hasn't changed and it is still in the good range. I breathed a sigh of relief from that one. Then I updated him on the cycle and the subsequent fibroid situation. We then reviewed the rest of my test results. My cholesterol was up (again, no surprise because I've been eating horribly post-cycle - I blame minor depression) and thankfully since I cannot cycle until next June, I've been put on Li.pitor for the time being. Sure, I'll also correct my diet but it makes me feel a bit better about getting it under control. He also upped my blood pressure meds. He thinks the rise is stress related and with surgery coming up and another cycle a year away, he wants to have better control of it during stressful these stressful periods.

Before we finished, we talked about the high risk OB situation here on the Island. He's going to look into it because there is a strong possibility that my OB will end up being in Boston - along with the birth.... that'll be a PITA but whatever it takes. So all in all, it was an excellent visit and I am now on visits every 3 months instead of 6 because of the surgery, etc.

Aidan had an impromptu visit with his urologist yesterday. He was doing a site inspection in an operation room at the hospital and his urologist was there. So they discussed the recent IVF cycle, the fibroids and our future plans while standing their in their operating room gear - odd but effective. So his urologist gave thought we were making good progress and said he'll get an update on how my surgery went when they meet at year's end or in the new year. Perhaps the cheapest urologist visit ever!!!

Outside of that, the fall is in full swing. I've planned my house parties leading up to Christmas and now I need to get online and order some supplies from Orie.ntal Tra.ding. I have a strategy for soup and cookie making for the Dec Open House because there is no way that I'll want to bake up a storm when I get home on the 16th. Now I need to sort out one of my client schedules, and my dissertation writing schedule and I should be set!

3 comments:

Pie said...

Very productive you are!!

How would having an OB in the States work out? I thought you can't fly after a certain point? Would you live in Boston for the last weeks? Just wondering how that all works...

daega99 said...

Yes, I would have to stay in the Boston for the last few weeks but if it comes to that we'll do it! We'd have to find cheaper accommodations though.

Mad Hatter said...

I am in awe of your organizational skills! Specialists, birth planning, house parties and soup and cookie making - it all sounds great! Thank you for the inspiring post!