01 July 2010

NT Scan and July OB Visit

Yeah, two days straight of nervousness because of back to back  appointments. It's been worth it though as we both feel much better as we go into the 2nd tri...

First was the NT Scan. I read so many books and websites on what it was about and what to expect. Needless to say, I was praying hard for a result under 2.5mm. I was so happy with the 3 measurements. The first was 1.8mm, the second 1.5mm and the third 1.4mm. We were so very happy. Sproglet was moving a lot, so much so that Aidan said it looked like a hamster on one of those wheels. I couldn't stop laughing, which didn't help with the u/s. Finally, we got a measurement of 12w 2 days which was the same as our June u/s.

Today was not as much fun. My blood pressure was up but it varied so much when it was measured again and again that I was asked to take it daily at home. If it starts creeping up, I have to call to have the meds adjusted. Second, there was protein in my baseline urine so I've been asked to go to the consult in Boston on August 16th. I've contacted my coordinator so we'll book the flights when she confirms how long I'll have to be out there. I also will be seeing my nephrologist on the 22nd so they'll keep an eye on me!

Anyhow, we got to see sproglet again today. Very active again and we even got a wave. And I swear, I'm feeling a fluttery sensation in my belly when all of this movement happens. I'm going to have to pay attention going forward...

ON a non-doctor's visit related note, we also purchased a 2nd hand Bugaboo Frog today. It was an amazing deal. We're pretty psyched about the purchase!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This had me scratching my head: "Bugaboo Frog"
Then I googled it and found this really nice stroller. Sweet!

I hope you can relax and have a nice weekend. Everything comes one day at a time.

I love the hamster reference:-)

Gerardine

Kir said...

I am SOOOO jealous about your Bugaboo Frog...seriously...and my kids are crawling out thier stroller at this point, but when they were infants....it was like the Rolls Royce of Strollers...GOOD FOR YOU.

take care of yourself., I'm glad the news with the scan was good...and keep that B/P down...ok???? Thinking of you with hugs