The one with the c-section info isn't until October 16th. It'll be a 12 noon - 6pm session and I've now spoken to 4 friends who did this course who had c-sections - only one was scheduled btw. It is actually the second session as the week before is labour and delivery. So we've booked and are paying 1/2 price.
As for the second option, we decided to do it as well. It is usually a 3 stage process - the early-bird one-on-one session, a 5 week (2 hour session each week) Lamaze and parenting workshop and an amazing baby session. The facilitators are phenomenal and one was my nurse forever in my pediatrician's office. Unfortunately she is retired (her son had twins last fall so she's being grandma, in addition to her regular job) but she's agreed to do amazing baby one-on-one when we are ready because she loves us so much!!! We did the early-bird session with her former partner last night and will only have to do the parenting classes in November (2 sessions) - again, at a reduced price. We're going this route because it'll let us meet people who will be due around the time we are (if we're here... I hope we will be).
Last night was great. It was a two-hour session and she covered so very much. I've decided to capture my favorite bits below:
- Nutrition - eat small meals throughout the day; eat at least 5 portions of fruits and veg daily; a balanced diet is important; floradix is a good addition; drink lots and lots of water
- Relax - go walking, go swimming, turn off the tv during meals, turn off the blackberry for an hour when you get home and rest
- Allergies and Asthma - remove unnecessary pillows, cushions and stuffed toys from the bedroom; Do not use perfume, household sprays or plug-ins (I was banned from these when I was diagnosed with asthma...); Keep the baby's bedroom simple.
1 comment:
That sounds like a wonderful class--with a good focus on what's important. I especially like that they recommended minimal decoration! I didn't even know there were prep classes other than Lamaze; thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment