15 July 2010

Nursery Planning

We layed out the nursery on AutoCad this evening. It was pretty cool. We've had to do some rearranging to our living room in order to move Aidan's grandfather's clavichord out of the room. We've managed to fit the following in the nursery: a dresser with hutch (we've found 2nd hand and will get it when the owners move on Aug 15), a crib (have - 2nd hand), glider & ottoman (have - second hand) and changing table dresser from IKEA (have owned since we moved in). 

Now that this is sorted, we just need to begin to disassemble the guest room. We're going to see if we can sell the two twin beds (used as a king) that are in there and we'll move the bookcase into our bedroom. In addition to the clavichord move, we also need to sort out Aidan's pre-marriage boxes (yeah, they're still sitting under the windows...). I assume we should be able to begin constructing the nursery in September.

4 comments:

Kir said...

that sounds GOOD!!!! so happy it's almost time to do it.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!

And I really LOL'd at using AUTOCAD!!!

myinfertilitywoes said...

I'm here a bit early for ICLW! It's very encouraging to hear your story... and congrats! I'm about to go through fibroid surgery (been ttc since Jan 08 with 3 IUIs), so hoping this makes it all better! Sounds like it did for you!

Where the Heart Is said...

Congrats! Just catching up from the Braces Bunch...

Have lots of fun getting the nursery ready.