31 December 2009

NYE 2009: Here's to a better 2010!!!

I've been thinking about what to post for NYE. I can't really think of anything compelling and I don't feel like doing a more organized year in review. Here are a few thoughts:

Not much going on here for tonight. It doesn't make sense going out tonight since I can't dance. We've purchased a rib roast so it'll be champagne and a good cut of meat tonight. And for tomorrow - omelettes, scones, clotted cream, jam and mimosas for breakfast!

I think 2009 was a good year. Aidan doesn't really agree - he said it was very difficult. It was definitely difficult but for me it was much better than 2008. In 2008, I was told that things were wrong with me and with Aidan, school sucked, work sucked, my confidence was virtually non-existent and I was borderline depressed. This year I got up off of my butt and made changes. Yes, that meant starting a consulting business during a recession, a failed IVF cycle, retooling my entire dissertation proposal and fibroid removal surgery but for me that was progress. Frustrating progress but progress all the same. I'm tired, somewhat frustrated but more optimistic than I was this time last year. I see a lot of work in 2010 but I don't mind it as much.

I have so many hopes for 2010, least of which being getting pregnant (hopefully naturally at that). As important as that is, I really want to help Aidan rebuild his confidence while I continue to work on mine. We've both been beaten up pretty badly over the last 2 years. We've made a lot of progress since September. Aidan was amazing in Boston and he said that he felt better than he did in CZ. I hope that he continues to feel this way as the new year develops!

As for normal stuff, we plan to spend time retooling our priorities. House and home was the lowest priority in 2009 and it shows somewhat. We intend to ensure that doesn't happen in 2010.

I may think of more later. I'm watching the stage version of Victor/Victoria on tv and it's distracting me...

3 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Hope 2010 is a stellar year for you!

Photogrl said...

Hoping wonderful things for you in 2010!!

Carrie S. said...

I am not surprised you had a better year in 2009 - while you didn't necessarily get where you wanted to go, you were on a path which seems to be something you need! Is Aidan more of 'destination' person than a 'journey' person? 2009 was a character building year for sure!!! xoxo